Sindu ventura

Bin man

Industry closed all this present cruise on Ventura  .Asked lady doing specilality dinning booking why ? Reply you guessed it Operational reasons.This morning there were a load of staff piling all tables and chairs on top of each other 

And again P&O really struggle to get their act together: the whole “operational reasons” is such a cop out given they bandy it around all too often. We’ve been unlucky on Ventura as the last few cruises on her Sindhu was not open and The Glass House was very limited in service. At least she’s a lovely ship. But come on P&O. 

• Like 1

And now both Sindhu and Glasshouse on Ventura are going to be “closed for the foreseeable future” in terms of food according to an email I got from them about a cruise on her next year. And P&O’s ubiquitous “operational reasons” make another appearance.

Ok, it’s what it is and 1st world problems and all. But disappointing.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m very disappointed in hearing this , though not a deal breaker for me we love eating in the glass house especially for lunches, I hope they sort something else out as we’re on her in January for 35 nights and it’s nice to get away from the normal dining room every evening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m very disappointed in hearing this , though not a deal breaker for me we love eating in the glass house especially for lunches, I hope they sort something else out as we’re on her in January for 35 nights and it’s nice to get away from the normal dining room every evening.

Same here we love the Glass house. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camberley said:

And now both Sindhu and Glasshouse on Ventura are going to be “closed for the foreseeable future” in terms of food according to an email I got from them about a cruise on her next year. And P&O’s ubiquitous “operational reasons” make another appearance.

Ok, it’s what it is and 1st world problems and all. But disappointing.

That's really surprised me. Friends are giving Ventura a go on the basis they have some of these special dining areas to try out. Personally we didn't like Ventura and it would be a reason to cancel for us if this is long term.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

That's really surprised me. Friends are giving Ventura a go on the basis they have some of these special dining areas to try out. Personally we didn't like Ventura and it would be a reason to cancel for us if this is long term.

I’m not at the stage of transferring to a different ship with P&O but my OH and friends who are also booked on the cruise are certainly wavering. I know some people rate the MDRs and buffet and never see the need to pay extra for meals onboard, but good food is a big part of our holidays and for us the MDRs and buffet barely rise above adequate.

While there is so much more with cruising than good food, and P&O still offer much, the speciality restaurants are always key factor of any of our cruises so eliminating two of them means the other speciality restaurants on Ventura will be booked rapidly. Mind you, I wonder if P&O is competent enough with its operations to be able to keep those going!

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Camberley said:

I’m not at the stage of transferring to a different ship with P&O but my OH and friends who are also booked on the cruise are certainly wavering. I know some people rate the MDRs and buffet and never see the need to pay extra for meals onboard, but good food is a big part of our holidays and for us the MDRs and buffet barely rise above adequate. The speciality restaurants are always key factor of any of our cruises so eliminating two of them means the other speciality restaurants on Ventura will be booked rapidly.

Like you we love to try out the speciality restaurants on any ship. It's part of our holiday. As I said we didn't particularly like Ventura anyway and the Glass House was our favourite go to. I know they say operational reasons but does anyone think they known what this means?

Also how long is this for? Will give my friends the heads up.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I know they say operational reasons but does anyone think they known what this means?

I think operational reasons is simply the phrase they love to use to cover themselves so they can justify not giving refunds based on cruises sold with these sorts of things advertised clearly etc…..If I were a betting man I would say lack of staff. But in the absence of details from them I will hazard that guess: and while they do not need to tell us details/reasons, I feel it is therefore fair game to guess! 

In the email it used the words “closed for the foreseeable future” so I am assuming that’s it’s their way of saying it’s permanent while teasing the merest glimmer of hope to existing and would-be passengers. Again, hazarding a guess but P&O can’t blame me for that!

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Maybe our friend Moley can enlighten us about this , are we getting a replacement specialty restaurant?

I just had a look at the website and they are still advertising Sindhu and The Glass House as current dining choices.

As you say perhaps Moley will know something.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Like you we love to try out the speciality restaurants on any ship. It's part of our holiday. As I said we didn't particularly like Ventura anyway and the Glass House was our favourite go to. I know they say operational reasons but does anyone think they known what this means?

When we were on Ventura a couple of weeks ago Glass House was open for Drinks only.

Unlike other P&O ships Ventura's management allowed people on Formal night to Dine in Sindhu in smart casual and not Black tie.

I was told if people were paying a cash supplement to dine they should be able to dine in smart casual wear.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When we were on Ventura a couple of weeks ago Glass House was open for Drinks only.

Unlike other P&O ships Ventura's management allowed people on Formal night to Dine in Sindhu in smart casual and not Black tie.

I was told if people were paying a cash supplement to dine they should be able to dine in smart casual wear.

Seems strange then re the changes now. Tbh if they just told us the real reason regarding closures I think it would help folk to understand more and less intolerant.  Self included 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Seems strange then re the changes now. Tbh if they just told us the real reason regarding closures I think it would help folk to understand more and less intolerant.  Self included 

We were in Sindhu twice during our 10 nights cruise.

The restaurant was about 75% full and seemed to have plenty of staff.

They were offering a £21 special for any

Starter.

Main.

Desert.

No 20% discount though for pre-booking online.

Edited by grapau27

Just now, grapau27 said:

We were in Sindhu twice during our 10 nights cruise.

The restaurant was about 75% full and seemed to have plenty of staff.

They were offering a £21 special for any

Starter.

Main.

Desert.

Which makes it all.so confusing !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

As regards the Glass house could it be a problem with the galley they use, I seem to remember there have been problems with this in the past?

Edited by terrierjohn