Sindu ventura

Bin man

We only have one cruise booked on P&O at the moment and that is on Aurora so Sindhu being closed isn't a problem for us but I would be annoyed if we were going on Ventura because the option of alternative restaurants to the MDR is important because we want to eat in smaller quieter locations sometimes.  It is changes like this that have lead to us going with other lines.  P&O must have good reasons for making this sort of decision but I hope that it is a permanent closure.

• Like 1

The suggestion has been made to me that there is an issue with the galley that is used for both Sindhu and the bigger dishes served in the Glass House on Ventura. Alternative arrangements have now been made for the Glass House but it’s not practical for Sindhu.

If I can find any more information, I’ll share.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

When we were on Ventura a couple of weeks ago Glass House was open for Drinks only.

Unlike other P&O ships Ventura's management allowed people on Formal night to Dine in Sindhu in smart casual and not Black tie.

I was told if people were paying a cash supplement to dine they should be able to dine in smart casual wear.

The styling of Sindhu is more casual on Ventura as it was a conversion of the former East restaurant.

P&O got things wrong with Ventura. Azura was a lot more popular. East became Sindhi. The Glass House was a conversion of Las Ramblas. There were changes to the Exchange and extra cabins next door. 

Eventually 17/The White Room both became the Epicurean.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

The styling of Sindhu is more casual on Ventura as it was a conversion of the former East restaurant.

P&O got things wrong with Ventura. Azura was a lot more popular. East became Sindhi. The Glass House was a conversion of Las Ramblas. There were changes to the Exchange and extra cabins next door. 

Funnily enough the only thing we really liked about Ventura was the Glass House set up. More so than on Britannia. Thanks for helping out 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 8:30 AM, Camberley said:

And now both Sindhu and Glasshouse on Ventura are going to be “closed for the foreseeable future” in terms of food according to an email I got from them about a cruise on her next year. And P&O’s ubiquitous “operational reasons” make another appearance.

Ok, it’s what it is and 1st world problems and all. But disappointing.

What was the date of the cruise you were enquiring about?

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Location wise Sindhu on Ventura and Azura are identical and very similar in style inside.

Service and food was excellent.

IMG_20240906_185238.jpg

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Location wise Sindhu on Ventura and Azura are identical and very similar in style inside.

Service and food was excellent.

IMG_20240906_185238.jpg

Totally agree Graham, the set up of Sindhu on both Ventura and Azura are the best in the fleet. 

I also agree with Presto that Ventura's Glass House is the best in the fleet, the old Ramblas set up is far more appealing to me than any of the others.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We only have one cruise booked on P&O at the moment and that is on Aurora so Sindhu being closed isn't a problem for us but I would be annoyed if we were going on Ventura because the option of alternative restaurants to the MDR is important because we want to eat in smaller quieter locations sometimes.  It is changes like this that have lead to us going with other lines.  P&O must have good reasons for making this sort of decision but I hope that it is a permanent closure.

Josy, Aurora has a Sindhu. 

• Like 2

We're due on Ventura in January.  Not big users of speciality dining.  However we were looking forward to trying out Glass House following our first try of the pop up Glasshouse on Arcadia earlier this year.  Hopefully, as Moley mentions this may be/has been resolved.

Not fussed about Sindhu following our evening meal there on Arcadia, though we have found the Tiffin lunches to be great on Azura.  Would be nice to have them back in January.

Just have to spend our OBC on grog then!

• Like 1