Live-ish Standard Cruiser on Sun Princess Trans-Atlantic 9/23/24 - 10/9/24

Ombud

Dides,  I should have issued a disclaimer that I was not speaking about helpful and respectful vloggers like you!!!  You have been a wealth of information!

Part of these issues seem to be how Princess disrespected regular paying guests, to 'welcome onboard' large numbers of these 'other'  vloggers.  

I think others here might understand what I am trying to say.

And, of course, some of the other things that have been going on with Princess.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Dides,  I should have issued a disclaimer that I was not speaking about helpful and respectful vloggers like you!!!  You have been a wealth of information!

Part of these issues seem to be how Princess disrespected regular paying guests, to 'welcome onboard' large numbers of these 'other'  vloggers.  

No I didn't think you were - just saying that there are some decent vloggers out there.😀 Also, the majority of the 300+ who came onboard were travel agents or from the cruise trade. 

Edited by dides

@555 1700+ elite on board so I didn't make MT cutoff

@PacnGoNow @LACruiser88 & @HaveDogWillTravel somehow no one is hurt. Actually the 11 yr  old thought it was an adventure.  Unfortunately my son needs to just nod and say 'yes' to whatever the adjuster wants to do. He has paperwork from the arborist that the tree was in perfect shape before a weird circular wind. 

My dinner time was somehow switched to 9pm. Yeah not happening. Went to the diner 1st 3 nights but asked to go to Deck 7 from now on. Those lines are too long unless I want to eat at 9. @BobandLizM thanks for the hint. I'll try walking in at 7:20. 

20240925_142932.thumb.jpg.a6058b34e74ce6a7afbce931cad8cbc7.jpg

The Elite Tea set up was quite reasonable. Not as overwhelming as 2022, not as well laid out as 2023, but more than enough. I still have cakes & cookies. Note: it came on 3 plates but there isn't enough room on the counter for all 3 so put cookies on scones plate.

@PacnGoNow I asked my steward if the cans were just for the TA but he didn't know as he just got on.

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Oxo said:

Yes, I have over 50 Princess Cruise Cards that I have kept over the years. I complained, yes compalined onboard to Guest Services and to Security about the Cabin Number. Their answer was 'old people forget their cabin numbers so that's why we put the cabin number on the CC.'

Never mind. My brain read "CC" as a credit card, not a cruise card. 

Now I'll have to go back and check my dozens of cruise cards to see which or them had a cabin number. 😄

15 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I think others here might understand what I am trying to say.

And, of course, some of the other things that have been going on with Princess.

Dudes is a vlogger?? Doesn't come across that way (says another who didn't know)

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Dudes is a vlogger?? Doesn't come across that way (says another who didn't know)

Nahh I started up a blog after I did the Live from for the Majestic Princess inaugural on here and my other half Chris started filming stuff. We just dabble in this part time and focus on providing information - we aren't into it for clicks to make money or building up a cult of followers based on our on-screen personalities!   We know a lot of the UK vloggers to chat to but that's about it.

Edited by dides
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, dides said:

I was at the PR events on Sun Princess over the weekend because I have a cruise blog but I also paid out thousands of pounds to be on the whole cruise. Some of us are enthusiasts and want to share useful information.  But there are others who will show up for the opening of an envelope and a free bar is just asking for trouble! . 😄

We also paid thousands of pounds to be on the whole cruise but didn’t get invited to any of the events and what should have our last relaxing day was anything but…..

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, timeforme said:

We also paid thousands of pounds to be on the whole cruise but didn’t get invited to any of the events and what should have our last relaxing day was anything but…..

deleted - going to take a break!

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dides said:

deleted - going to take a break!

Listen,

you have contributed above and beyond on this forum to our benefit from well before the Sun started sailing.

I am so grateful for your help and sharing.

Princess, and the buck starts at the top, is responsible for the changes and total disregard for those paying passengers who were ripped off recently. ( and it continues).

I’ve found that handy feature on here so I don’t have to see some posts.

I’ll check out your Brits on a ship…

• Like 7

1 hour ago, timeforme said:

I’ve read Your posts. I would have been very upset having booked a Sanctuary balcony, Signature Suite and Vista Suite with the disruption to my cruises. 
Take your complaints to the top- JP and the suits who made these inconsiderate decisions. I am hearing more are to come once ship arrives ( possibly early) in Florida. 
Sure, some are saying they were not affected and others were.  You have a right to complain.

Be kind

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dog said:

I am hearing more are to come once ship arrives ( possibly early) in Florida. 

The first few sailings out of Florida will definitely have a disproportionate number of media and "influencers" onboard. I believe the first sailing is a short preview cruise for media, I don't know if any paying passengers will be onboard. Naturally, content creators, travel agents, etc are going to flock to the ship in an effort to capture footage, details and experiences as soon as possible. And of course to get their videos out before anyone else. 

We are amazed how well the new elevator system works, rarely have to wait long and so fast to get to the correct floor.  Someone posted (can not find again), that A, B, C lifts are on the Port side and D, E, F are on Starboard side.    This was amazingly helpful!

As long as we remember what lift we got in, we can stride out of the lift with confidence when returning to our Port side cabin.  Without the usual, whoops; realising we are going the wrong and when the sign comes into reading focus distance.

Mind you, if you are staying in 15520 like ourselves this signage does not help, I guess if we go forward we would get there eventually after a full lap (I did report it to GS). 

Took a photo, but can not it get it to show.   It shows

Aft 15454 - 15638

Forward 15202 - 15542

IMG_0830.jpeg

Edited by BobandLizM
Problems with photo
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This has never made any sense to me. Why not leave the vodka in their original bottles?

On a 14 day back to back in a full suite that is 4 mini bars or 32 small bottles. Much easier to transfer to 3 larger containers 

On 9/26/2024 at 1:17 AM, Ombud said:

@555 1700+ elite on board so I didn't make MT cutoff

@PacnGoNow @LACruiser88 & @HaveDogWillTravel somehow no one is hurt. Actually the 11 yr  old thought it was an adventure.  Unfortunately my son needs to just nod and say 'yes' to whatever the adjuster wants to do. He has paperwork from the arborist that the tree was in perfect shape before a weird circular wind. 

My dinner time was somehow switched to 9pm. Yeah not happening. Went to the diner 1st 3 nights but asked to go to Deck 7 from now on. Those lines are too long unless I want to eat at 9. @BobandLizM thanks for the hint. I'll try walking in at 7:20. 

20240925_142932.thumb.jpg.a6058b34e74ce6a7afbce931cad8cbc7.jpg

The Elite Tea set up was quite reasonable. Not as overwhelming as 2022, not as well laid out as 2023, but more than enough. I still have cakes & cookies. Note: it came on 3 plates but there isn't enough room on the counter for all 3 so put cookies on scones plate.

@PacnGoNow I asked my steward if the cans were just for the TA but he didn't know as he just got on.

Those elites go for the long budget cruises!

• Like 1