How to make cruise planner purchase on iPhone

I've been unable to complete cruise planner purchase through the safari web browser on my iPhone for several months. For some reason one of the things you have to click on (like terms and conditions or something) isn't showing up and therefore won't activate the button that lets me make the purchase. I've tried flipping my phone horizontally, and I've tried using the private browsing app just in case that changed anything (it didn't). 

I'm able to do it from my computer, but right now I'm out of town and without a computer, and I'm seeing a really good deal on the dining package for one of my cruises and don't want to miss out. I guess I can just call and make my purchase but if there's a trick to getting my phone to work, please fill me in. 

14 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

For some reason one of the things you have to click on (like terms and conditions or something) isn't showing up and therefore won't activate the button that lets me make the purchase.

I don't have that issue with my iPhone SE2 on iOS 17.7 using Safari.

Edited by Another_Critic

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't have that issue with my iPhone SE2 on iOS 17.7 using Safari.

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Have you tried purchasing via the app?

Dining button -> Scroll over to Specialty Restaurants - Dining Packages

That might be my problem, I don't have the most current version of iOS (I'm using 16.2). My phone is low on storage so I don't think I can update it but I'll try to delete some photos and try again. 

I looked at the app to see if it was available for purchase there, and I don't see it. I can purchase individual restaurants, but not the package. Maybe that's an issue with the version I have downloaded there too.

Thanks for the suggestions. 

On another note, I do seem to be able to make the daily reservations for restaurants online ahead of time with the dining package. I'm not sure if the reservations will actually stick once I'm able to complete the actual purchase of the package though.

I haven't looked to see if my other cruises allow it, but this one is for the Allure transatlantic in October 2025.

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I just tried on my iPhone SE1 running iOS 15.8.3 (latest version for A9 processor) and had no issues.

Weird, I wonder why I can't see the terms and conditions check box on mine. I even handed my phone over to my daughter to make sure I wasn't missing something and she didn't call me an idiot so that was test #1 that I'm not crazy 😂. She's a masters student in computer science at Stanford and she knows how to view the source code and everything and she couldn't figure it out either so at least I know I'm not crazy. Oh well, hopefully the sale will still exist when I fly home tonight. 

07BD9009-8C45-43A5-80F4-30D2A3CBB303.thumb.jpeg.b903fb34701a63b018e8dd7f81714bc9.jpeg

Edited by ARandomTraveler

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

On another note, I do seem to be able to make the daily reservations for restaurants online ahead of time with the dining package. I'm not sure if the reservations will actually stick once I'm able to complete the actual purchase of the package though.

I haven't looked to see if my other cruises allow it, but this one is for the Allure transatlantic in October 2025.

All dining reservations with a package can only be booked after you board. 

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

All dining reservations with a package can only be booked after you board. 

I know, that's why I thought it was interesting that I seem to be able to do it. I wonder if they're starting to release the new feature they've been talking about for a year now. Of course I have no idea if those reservations will stick once I actually press the "purchase" button since I don't seem to be able to do that right now, but I didn't have the option to book my reservations for the other cruise I have booked with the dining package (on the Wonder this December).

See this photo below, which shows the page that's allowing me to book a reservation even though it says I can't.

9CAA5C80-12CF-4472-A0F9-8B61C5D17136.thumb.png.55252c3af0fe543e4479db54d8c30749.png

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I know, that's why I thought it was interesting that I seem to be able to do it. I wonder if they're starting to release the new feature they've been talking about for a year now. Of course I have no idea if those reservations will stick once I actually press the "purchase" button since I don't seem to be able to do that right now, but I didn't have the option to book my reservations for the other cruise I have booked with the dining package (on the Wonder this December).

See this photo below, which shows the page that's allowing me to book a reservation even though it says I can't.

9CAA5C80-12CF-4472-A0F9-8B61C5D17136.thumb.png.55252c3af0fe543e4479db54d8c30749.png

You can pre book if you pay full price. 

45 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

You can pre book if you pay full price. 

I know. But they've been talking about making pre-booking available for the dining plans for about a year now, and it appears that they've rolled out that feature, or are at least testing it, on some sailings. I've never seen this before when I've bought the dining plan, and can't see it on my other sailing, but it's definitely allowing me to make reservations ahead for this sailing. Who knows if they'll stick though. 

An update (in case anyone has this issue later), I tried making the reservation from my computer when I got home last night and it wouldn't go through that way either. I kept getting an error message that said "the item in your cart is no longer available."

The price was almost "too good to be true" type of low, $389 ($459.02 with the 18%), for a 13 day cruise, which has 8 sea days, meaning the package can be used for 13 dinners and 8 lunches (making the cost only $21.86/meal, pretty dang cheap).

I figured it might be an issue where IT showed a price that was too low and stopped it from being purchased, but I checked again today and it was still showing the same price. So I called and purchased it over the phone, no problem. Not sure what's going on with my cruise planner right now but it seems to be an issue with me/my technology/my cruise planner for this particular cruise. 

Also - I was still able to make reservations for my dining with the unlimited plan on this cruise (Allure Oct 2025) after I made the purchase. I'm unable to do it on my other cruise that I also purchased the unlimited plan for (Wonder December 2024). It may be a mistake, or it may be part of the new roll-out. I guess I'll find out next year when I board and see if my reservations are still there.

Edited by ARandomTraveler