LIVE Caribbean Princess 9/24/24 - 10/8/24

KarmaCruisers

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Anshika was a terrific concierge, but she recently left the ship.  Have you met her replacement?  The Wheelhouse for suites was a nice addition.  I would continue to go to Sabatini’s for breakfast if Ivan will permit it.  Easier to modify the “rules” in a smaller venue.  Better perk than RC MDR.  

I have not been on a Royal class ship and do love my Grand class ships.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise now that you are settled in.  

Have you considered talking to the Hotel General Manager about moving Jolene into you suite since she paid so much for a solo?

It wasn’t Ivan; it’s Mario.

also; there’s no way we can all fit in the suite. Chuck is in the room with Jolene; but he’s “assigned” to my room, for the Plus package (I paid for two people)

Like I said; we’re over it. I’ve already got my value out of the $11,000 loss in February (from the July cruise and also the upcoming thanksgiving one)

this one is just for the itinerary, really.

Northern lights cruise by 40(1) is a hell of an achievement.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

On another note, I found it princess gift cards work differently than carnival.

you have to have a balance FIRST, before the gift card can be applied; and only $5000 can be applied.

also..somehow I got on the ship without a card, haha.

Our experience is always to go to guest services the first day and apply gift cards

and there is zero balance.  Will sailon Discovery in two weeks and see if this policy has changed on that ship.Thank you for the heads up.

Edited by that
  • Like 1

What if you were to talk to the dining room manager in the Reserve restaurant, when it's not busy and explain that you're are in a full suite, and traveling with your Aunt and Uncle and politely inquire if it's okay with him if they join you?

You are paying the solo supplement.

1 minute ago, that said:

Our experience is always to go to guest services the first day and apply gift cards

and there is zero balance.  Will sail in two weeks and see if this policy has changed.  Thank you for posting.

I tried that; they said if you had no charges, you couldn’t apply any gift cards.

But they also said the max is $5000, period, rather than $2000 a day.

• Like 1

We went to the Yes/No gameshow after dinner; it was pretty funny.

Also, looking around, there’s actually a lot more gals my age on this ship than I first realized (I’m sure all traveling with their families)..but at least the sights are good 😉

compression socks are on; and it’s time to sleeeep. The treadmill calls my name at 7am. (As this ship doesn’t have an ACTUAL walking track; it DOES but you have to go up and down stairs, around the front of the boat.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

I totally agree with you on the Piazza seeming so small on Grand class ships once you get used to the Royal class.  Caribbean Princess was our first princess ship  and at that time we thought the Piazza was enormous!!!!  After sailing the Royal class ships, we went on Sapphire Princess for a quick 5 day cruise and boy she seemed tiny!

But oh so much quieter and calmer than Royal class.

• Thanks 1

Was the Reserve Restaurant Manager willing to seat your entire party just outside the Reserve dining area?  That's been our experience when we've been in a full suite while sailing with friends who were not in a suite.  But it's definitely a no-no to seat non Reserve Collection guests within that dining area just like you are not supposed to bring guests to Suite breakfast.  They truly can get into trouble for doing that.  We understand that those areas are only for the benefit of guests staying in the specified cabin types so it's never bothered us.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

What if you were to talk to the dining room manager in the Reserve restaurant, when it's not busy and explain that you're are in a full suite, and traveling with your Aunt and Uncle and politely inquire if it's okay with him if they join you?

You are paying the solo supplement.

He didn't pay the solo supplement for the suite because his uncle is booked in the suite along with him so he got the plus package perks.  His Aunt paid a solo supplement for her cabin and unfortunately doesn't qualify for the reserve restaurant.  

And if they did say yes, I still say it's not something to say on here because then everyone would be complaining about not being allowed to bring friends traveling with them in the future. You also don't want to get a crew member in any kind of trouble for bending the rules. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I saw elsewhere that the Northern Lights are already making an appearance for the lucky folks on the Caribbean Princess.  Looks amazing!

Yea, they made an announcement at 0200; I was looong asleep by then

and @Host CJSKIDS yes the compression socks seem to help

the leg swelling.

Jo and I are putting in our miles at the gym this morning (which is quite crowded)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Yea, they made an announcement at 0200; I was looong asleep by then

and @Host CJSKIDS yes the compression socks seem to help

the leg swelling.

Jo and I are putting in our miles at the gym this morning (which is quite crowded)

Thanks!!