Hotels near Seattle cruise port?

Mrluckiest

We are booking a 6/3 Oosterdam Alaska cruise out of Seattle and are planning to drive from the Sacramento area. We would like to find a hotel near the port for the night before the cruise (and the night afterward), (with very reasonable family rates) where we hopefully can leave our car during the cruise. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

We are booking a 6/3 Oosterdam Alaska cruise out of Seattle and are planning to drive from the Sacramento area. We would like to find a hotel near the port for the night before the cruise (and the night afterward), (with very reasonable family rates) where we hopefully can leave our car during the cruise. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

The cruise port is located downtown. There are many excellent hotels in downtown Seattle. However, leaving your car during the cruise at a downtown hotel may be a deal breaker. Most, if not all, of the downtown Seattle hotels charge guests for parking. Try shopping at hotels.com:

http://www.hotels.com/processSearch.do?destination=usertyped&usertypedcity=Seattle&PSRC=G21&displayAd=false&googlekw=seattle_hotels&js=1&zz=1143662450890

I asked the same quiestion a few days ago, you may be able to find it a few pages back. The replies I recieved were great.

We are from Oregon and driving up we plan on staying at The Edgewater right next to the pier. We have heard there is covered parking across the street that runs 12-14 a day. The nice people at the Edgewater Hotel told us about it. I forgot to ask the room rate when we booked our room so Im not sure what we are paying, but I got the impression it wasnt as bad as I had imagined it to be. I guess i will need to look into that. Good Luck and have a great crusie. We sail mid May.

Ps By the way I think California is the only place you can find those park and cruise for free hotels. One woman actually laughed when I suggested there may be one in Seattle.

Good Luck

you may want to head over to the Alaska boards. I know there are alot of threads regarding hotels in cities from which cruises leave; ie. Seattle, Vancouver...........

P.S. I guess you can tell which cruise we're contemplating ;)

We are from Oregon and driving up we plan on staying at The Edgewater right next to the pier. We have heard there is covered parking across the street that runs 12-14 a day. The nice people at the Edgewater Hotel told us about it. I forgot to ask the room rate when we booked our room so Im not sure what we are paying, but I got the impression it wasnt as bad as I had imagined it to be. I guess i will need to look into that.

You will LOVE The Edgewater. Best place to stay in all of Seattle. Don't ask how much! It doesn't matter. Just enjoy! :D

Spendalot -- you will just love the Edgewater -- we always stay there when in Seattle. You really should check out the rate that you reserved as their rates can vary.

We will be there post cruise in June and got a fairly good rate on a city-side room with their "Breakfast on the Bay" package. The package includes a full (and I mean full) breakfast in their incredible restaurant and daily parking. The parking alone is worth over $20/day, and depending on what you order for breakfast, that, too, has a significant value. If the package is available it is a great value.

Since we are arriving in Seattle late the night before our cruise, we opted for a much less opulent airport hotel for the first night.

Have a great time on your cruise and in Seattle -- and please let us all know how it all turns out.

I concur, the Edgewater is a fantastic place. Stayed there one night before our honeymoon cruise in 2000.

Just an FYI however, Edgewater is next to Pier 66 which is where NCL and X are departing from this season. HAL, Princess and RCI are using Terminal 30 which is in an industrial area way south of the Edgewater. There is parking right at Terminal 30. I believe it is $12 a day. Check out the port of seattle website for details.

Another option would be to stay at an airport hotel and leave the car at one of the Park N' Fly type places. Then take a cab to and from the ship. Might be cheaper than parking at the port, but the cab ride would probably eat up anything you might save over parking at the port.

Have fun with that drive from Sacramento. We just did that drive in December for a wedding. Took about 14 hours, but we hit snow in a couple places.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for all of your input. Based on what you said and thinking about the lllooonnnggg drive, I have decided it would be best to drive about as far as Portland or so, and then go the rest of the way (about 3 hours) on the morning of the cruise. I did check and there is parking at terminal 30 for 12.00 per day. You can even pay in advance to reserve a spot. It seems to work out best doing that. Thanks again for your responses. Tim

Archived