Refer a Friend Program Still There?

33DayCruiser

Hi Everyone!

Need to figure out how to sign up family to Princess' Refer a Friend Program.  It's suppose to be there at the bottom of the home page but it doesn't show.  When I called the 800 number I was told it should be there.  They took my email and phone number and then said I wasn't qualified!  Person on phone couldn't explain why!  Is it because I'm elite with Princess?

Has anyone here tried recently?

Searched online & only found doing the referral through a CVP with no way for us to do it directly like previously.

How it works:

• Sign up for our referral program and refer your people - family, friends, coworkers, whoever! - to your CVP
  • Once your friends say “sure!” to hearing from your CVP, they’ll get a $25 Future Cruise Credit (FCC) towards their first cruise
  • When they book and make their final payment, you'll both get $25 onboard spending money to use on whatever you like.

https://share.princess.com/?cid=pm_aff_na_Gl6mUn9YQ68-wH9_IFh2MfxOQeiL25lhQg_na_exp_gen_na_na&ranMID=40030&ranEAID=Gl6mUn9YQ68&ranSiteID=Gl6mUn9YQ68-wH9_IFh2MfxOQeiL25lhQg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thank you Astro Flyer!  I appreciate your help.  You make it sound fantastic and easy! 

Ok, I tried the link you shared.  It keeps showing ERROR! after I fill my name and email.  I plugged my DH's info and still the same.  Princess is not making this easy for me.😒

17 minutes ago, 33DayCruiser said:

Thank you Astro Flyer!  I appreciate your help.  You make it sound fantastic and easy! 

Ok, I tried the link you shared.  It keeps showing ERROR! after I fill my name and email.  I plugged my DH's info and still the same.  Princess is not making this easy for me.😒

To me, it appears this must now be done through a Princess CVP (Cruise Vacation Planner…AKA a Princess travel agent) only & since I use a travel agent I could not refer anyone. I have no personal experiences with this new procedure, however that’s how I interpret their statement about this new more restrictive procedure.

From their Terms & Conditions statement; you would be the “Advocate”:

https://share.princess.com/zone/terms?journey.campaign_id=7073611300555774801

How the Program Works. During the Program Period, an eligible Advocate must log into their CVP’s unique referral page and enter the email address of their “Friends.” Advocate must have a personal relationship with the Friend that they refer to this Program and must have approval from the Friend to submit their email address to Company. 

After an Advocate successfully submits their Friend’s information, an email will be sent to the Friend with the referred CVP’s contact information. If, and when, the Friend clicks on the email and signs up for the referral program they will receive a reward. If, and when, the Friend books a Princess cruise with the referred CVP through such email (a “Valid Referral”), the Advocate and Friend will be eligible for a Reward (as defined below).

Edited by Astro Flyer

22 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

If, and when, the Friend books a Princess cruise with the referred CVP through such email (a “Valid Referral”), the Advocate and Friend will be eligible for a Reward (as defined below).

I want to refer my 12 year old grand daughter. I refuse to book with a CVP over my private TA.

So much for my participation in this program.

• Like 1

Just now, EDDY0827 said:

I want to refer my 12 year old grand daughter. I refuse to book with a CVP over my private TA.

So much for my participation in this program.

I feel the same way…Princess talks about their love for their TA partners while creating a new way to take bookings away from TAs…Awful! 🥴🙄

• Like 1

Ok, I did a chat online with Princess and they say it should be on the website.  It's not on my end.  After a lengthy discussion, operator says the website is going through a lot of changes and to wait and come back later to try again.  I hope that's the problem!  I'll find out!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 33DayCruiser said:

Ok, I did a chat online with Princess and they say it should be on the website.  It's not on my end.  After a lengthy discussion, operator says the website is going through a lot of changes and to wait and come back later to try again.  I hope that's the problem!  I'll find out!

Hopefully it works for you although I’m skeptical that you received accurate information particularly on a weekend which generally seems to have their least experienced reps who are mostly located offshore.

The new procedure requiring that bookings must be made through a CVP for the referred & the one making the referral is clearly already stated online. Based on that information, Princess has cutout TAs from making cruise bookings for anyone who wants to make a referral.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully it works for you although I’m skeptical that you received accurate information particularly on a weekend which generally seems to have their least experienced reps who are mostly located offshore.

The new procedure requiring that bookings must be made through a CVP for the referred & the one making the referral is clearly already stated online. Based on that information, Princess has cutout TAs from making cruise bookings for anyone who wants to make a referral.

You're most likely correct.  I will try again during the week.  Hopefully we get somewhere

• Like 1

We signed up for a cruise and our son and daughter-in-law decided to come.  They have never been on Princess before.  We did the referral thing, giving their info, and they keep getting an error message when they try to respond.  I keep getting messages saying they have not responded. Our CVP said he would take care of it but after 3 requests it still has not been done.  I know it is only $25 a person but if we are supposed to get it I am a little miffed.  Doesn't mean as much for us but the kids they are saving up for this trip and even $50 will be a nice bonus for them.

Edited by MamaStang

On 9/22/2024 at 12:00 PM, 33DayCruiser said:

Hi Everyone!

Need to figure out how to sign up family to Princess' Refer a Friend Program.  It's suppose to be there at the bottom of the home page but it doesn't show.  When I called the 800 number I was told it should be there.  They took my email and phone number and then said I wasn't qualified!  Person on phone couldn't explain why!  Is it because I'm elite with Princess?

Has anyone here tried recently?

@33DayCruiser  I show a link at the bottom of the page (left column middle) when I go to the website (not logged in). Click on it and it brings up the form.

IMG_1490.png

IMG_1491.png