Should I cancel my Taste Revervation

Bobby Winds

I reserved Taste (MDR) for the day we leave NYC harbor for a 8:30 pm. However, I forgot the Buffalo Bills play that night on TV and would like to watch it at one of the bars on the ship. 

I haven't seen a way to cancel this reservation online. Should I call NCL or just not worry about it ?

You have 2 options to cancel - either call or do so once you arrive on the ship. There might be a 3rd - I "THINK" I made dinner reservation changes via chat... but can't remember for sure. That said - if you forgot... their policy is that if you do not show up on time or within 15 minutes after your reservation - they give your reservation away to a walk up group. But it is more helpful to others trying to dine if you DO cancel in advance. 

33 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Just a note that while NFL football will be shown, there is no guarantee that a specific game will be shown. Granted, if the Bills are playing the only night game, there is a good chance of it.

YUP, Da Bills are playing Sunday Night so the only game on.

• Like 1

Based on our extensive (see signature) experience cruising aboard NCL in September-November I'd say your chances are EXCELLENT that you'll see the game.  Which games are shown on the Sunday afternoon games are a 'crap-shoot' that'll depend on where the ship is.  The late afternoon game is usually the 'national' game on Fox or CBS.  The NBC Sunday night game was ALWAYS shown on our cruises.  Ditto the Monday night game.  Thursday night is now shown on Prime so I dunno how that'll work.

If you're lucky & the weather is good they may show the game on the gigantic screen TV screen up by the pool or Spice H2O.

Oh, and in answer to your original question, as @complawyer accurately points out, 'Taste' is an MDR & not a specialty restaurant so you can just not show up; they'll just hand your table onto someone else.  No biggie.

GO Bills!!! (as long as they're NOT playing the Giants or KC Chiefs...lol)

Edited by tomk3212
add NYG plug!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

Based on our extensive (see signature) experience cruising aboard NCL in September-November I'd say your chances are EXCELLENT that you'll see the game.  Which games are shown on the Sunday afternoon games are a 'crap-shoot' that'll depend on where the ship is.  The late afternoon game is usually the 'national' game on Fox or CBS.  The NBC Sunday night game was ALWAYS shown on our cruises.  Ditto the Monday night game.  Thursday night is now shown on Prime so I dunno how that'll work.

If you're lucky & the weather is good they may show the game on the gigantic screen TV screen up by the pool or Spice H2O.

Oh, and in answer to your original question, as @complawyer accurately points out, 'Taste' is an MDR & not a specialty restaurant so you can just not show up; they'll just hand your table onto someone else.  No biggie.

GO Bills!!! (as long as they're NOT playing the Giants or KC Chiefs...lol)

With Da Bills at 3-0 and a game with Allen vs Jackson this should be the top game next week on Sunday and it's on Sunday night the only game left to play on Sunday so I'm very confident it will be a several TV's aboard the Breakaway.

Now about Da Bills playing KC, this time you guys are coming to our playground and we don't take any survivors. Da Bills intend to Kick A$$ and Take Names...........lol.......I know those are fighting words so if you have any problems with that I'll be on the NCL Breakaway all week if you want to find me...  😀

Sorry to hear you are a Giants fan..........so was my 4 year old son when the Bills lost to them in SB XXV.......he jumped off the couch and yelled GIANTS when Norwood missed that 47 yard field goal to end the game. Needless to say everyone else at the party wanted to kill him.....LOL............he's now a BILLS Fan ! ! !

@Bobby Winds My best friend at work (I'm retired now) was a BIG Bills fan...'cause (as he put it), 'The Bills are the only real New York team'...lol

I'll be rooting for you guys against the Ravens!  My DW loves Josh...but she loves Patrick a tad more...

Your sympathies re: NYG are appreciated...sigh...  however, just remember...'WIDE RIGHT...FOREVER!!!!!'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomk3212 said:

@Bobby Winds My best friend at work (I'm retired now) was a BIG Bills fan...'cause (as he put it), 'The Bills are the only real New York team'...lol

I'll be rooting for you guys against the Ravens!  My DW loves Josh...but she loves Patrick a tad more...

Your sympathies re: NYG are appreciated...sigh...  however, just remember...'WIDE RIGHT...FOREVER!!!!!'

In Buffalo Wide Right has gone in infinitely. 

• Like 1

I have never had a problem cancelling a dinner reservation on board. Either go to the dinner reservations desk or the restaurant itself.

You also could just let it go, but cancelling when you first get onboard would be a considerate thing to do as it opens up the space for those trying to make onboard reservations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Winds said:

Sorry to hear you are a Giants fan..........so was my 4 year old son when the Bills lost to them in SB XXV.......he jumped off the couch and yelled GIANTS when Norwood missed that 47 yard field goal to end the game.

UGH!!! This then eight year old still remembers the name Scott Norwood. He ruined my life! 

Edited by cruiseny4life

On 9/23/2024 at 6:53 AM, Bobby Winds said:

I reserved Taste (MDR) for the day we leave NYC harbor for a 8:30 pm. However, I forgot the Buffalo Bills play that night on TV and would like to watch it at one of the bars on the ship. 

I haven't seen a way to cancel this reservation online. Should I call NCL or just not worry about it ?

As mentioned before, the game may be on a [small] video monitor, but there are no sports bars. 

Just no-show if you decide to watch the game. 

On 9/23/2024 at 8:21 AM, complawyer said:

taste is one of there MDRs if you dont show up for your reservation, the ncl reservation police will not come looking for you, just let the reservation go. no worries

What no security detail, no time in the brig, no banned for life?    Sorry, couldn’t help it.  But in the spirit of being a responsible adult, when you’re u get onboard go to the reservation desk and cancel so someone else is not denied a seat while they waited for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

What no security detail, no time in the brig, no banned for life?    Sorry, couldn’t help it.  But in the spirit of being a responsible adult, when you’re u get onboard go to the reservation desk and cancel so someone else is not denied a seat while they waited for you.

I have a theory.  It takes less time to just cancel a res via NCL chat than to create a CC thread and track responses. Am I missing something?

• Like 2

Just off the Escape for a cruise that covered two Sundays. Didn't see any NFL games. Day or night.

Also, reservations aren't needed for MDRs. We were able to walk up to the hostess desk at varying times and walk right in without a reservation. So if you cancel, you can just go whenever works for you.

As always...YMMV.

And as always...GO PACK!

Edited by schmoopie17