Confirmation of MoveUp rules

Eno

Okay - I have read through numerous posts on this subject, checked the celebrity website and checked facebook groups.

1. I booked a Sunset Veranda on the Apex for three adults in the room

2. I have purchased the All Included fare that includes the classic drink package and basic WIFI

3. I purchased the upgrade to the Premium Drink Package

What I believe to be true If I bid and have the bid accepted on a suite - 

1. I keep my existing paid for drink package and WIFI

2. I will be moved into the category that I bid on but will not know the location of the room until bid is accepted and cannot be changed

3. I will be able to eat in Luminae 

4. I will have access to the Retreat Sundeck and Lounge

5. If I upgrade to an Aqua Class Suite, I will have access to Blu and the Spa Sea Thermal Suite

Please confirm if I am correct.

I came across a couple of YouTube videos where they have said this is not true that you only get the room, no access to Luminae, Retreat area, Blu or Thermal suite. They state it is room only and nothing more.  I believe that this is incorrect but want to confirm before any bidding.

Thanks in advance!!

You also don't receive any increase in points that may be associated with the MoveUp category.  You earn only those associated with your original purchased category.

Also, the bids made are per person, not per stateroom, and are based on double occupancy.  So if you bid $500, the actual amount charged will be $1,000.  Once a bid is awarded your CC is charged the amount and your original booked stateroom is canceled, and you are committed to the awarded stateroom.

And just as a side note, MoveUp is operated by a third party, not Celebrity. So Celebrity does not directly control the bid and award process.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!  I trust what I read here vs random YouTube videos but wanted to make sure as things seem to always change.  

I won't count on being able to change locations but good to know its a possibility.

Also I know that since I have three adults in the room, whatever I bid will be times 2 and not 3.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eno said:

Okay - I have read through numerous posts on this subject, checked the celebrity website and checked facebook groups.

2. I have purchased the All Included fare that includes the classic drink package and basic WIFI

2. I will be moved into the category that I bid on but will not know the location of the room until bid is accepted and cannot be changed

5. If I upgrade to an Aqua Class Suite, I will have access to Blu and the Spa Sea Thermal Suite

I came across a couple of YouTube videos where they have said this is not true that you only get the room, no access to Luminae, Retreat area, Blu or Thermal suite. They state it is room only and nothing more.  I believe that this is incorrect but want to confirm before any bidding.

Thanks in advance!!

Assuming you booked sunset veranda because you like the location?  Are you willing to risk that for an unknown location?

• Like 1

Wanted a true balcony vs infinite balcony when I booked and sunset veranda was still available. Would only bid on sky suite or aqua class suite and has to have a sofa bed for my adult daughter so most are in a good location. Will have to see what the bid range is. If not very happy with my cabin. 

3 hours ago, Eno said:

Thanks in advance!!

The only reason to move up to Aqua is for Blu and the spa so I can't believe that you would't get those. I did read here on CC that in the Retreat you do get everything except the drinks package and wifi. Did you call to see how much it would be to upgrade through Celebrity. I upgraded to Aqua from Concierge and it was only $88 for the both of us. The cheapest bid was $210 each.

22 hours ago, canderson said:

All accurate (ignore those videos).

However, some report having success in moving to a different location in same class.

Yes...we found there was a more suitable 'available' location and called the number on the accepted bid email and were able to move cabins.

On 9/24/2024 at 10:03 AM, canderson said:

However, some report having success in moving to a different location in same class.

I just want to clarify further.  The success in changing location is based, as you suggest, on same sub-category stateroom availability.  But the option to move is available to all based on that. If someone cannot move it would be based on no remaining availability at the time of the location change request.

We have done it several times, most recently as previously mentioned, just a few weeks ago. But with GTY assignments there is always the possibility and risk in that there may not be any remaining inventory in which to move once your stateroom is assigned.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I don’t think you asked this question specifically, but please allow me to add my 2 cents worth. I LOVE Sunset Verandahs. I would only bid for a Suite if the ship has been ‘revolutionized’ or is an E-class ship. For instance, I wouldn’t bid on a move-up for the Eclipse or Equinox, as there is no Sundeck at all. If that is the case, I would save the ‘move up money’ and use it for a couple of Specialty Restaurants!

On 9/24/2024 at 10:39 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

And just as a side note, MoveUp is operated by a third party, not Celebrity. So Celebrity does not directly control the bid and award process.

How early does MoveUp open up before a cruise, and does it show up on your CC account page like RoyalUp does on the RCL account page?

1 hour ago, keylimecake said:

We are scheduled to be in a Suite on an upcoming cruise in December 2024.  I just learned that the speciality restuarants still require an additional charge except if you are booked in the top 2 suites.  

Luminae is included in full suites. The top suites have all included dining as one of their perks. The rest of the suites have to purchase  that package separately. 

18 hours ago, DingoMom said:

I don’t think you asked this question specifically, but please allow me to add my 2 cents worth. I LOVE Sunset Verandahs. I would only bid for a Suite if the ship has been ‘revolutionized’ or is an E-class ship. For instance, I wouldn’t bid on a move-up for the Eclipse or Equinox, as there is no Sundeck at all. If that is the case, I would save the ‘move up money’ and use it for a couple of Specialty Restaurants!

Equinox definitely has a Retreat sundeck.  They do not, however, have a pool or bar or hot tub.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

How early does MoveUp open up before a cruise, and does it show up on your CC account page like RoyalUp does on the RCL account page?

I don't know when it showed up in my cruise planner but If you go to manage reservation and then scroll down past drinks and dining it there is a link to upgrade you stateroom in a few clicks.

Check out the lowest bid and then call Celebrity to see how much it will cost to upgrade. I didn't receive an email to Move up until the day after I called Celebrity to upgrade to Aqua for only $88 total with tax for both of us. The lowest bid was $210 each. When I got the Move up offer email the lowest bid with to $350.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't know when it showed up in my cruise planner but If you go to manage reservation and then scroll down past drinks and dining it there is a link to upgrade you stateroom in a few clicks.

Check out the lowest bid and then call Celebrity to see how much it will cost to upgrade. I didn't receive an email to Move up until the day after I called Celebrity to upgrade to Aqua for only $88 total with tax for both of us. The lowest bid was $210 each. When I got the Move up offer email the lowest bid with to $350.

Wouldn't Celebrity quote the current suite rate?  ...do you mean they will entertain your 'suggestion/bid' as payment?  I didn't think that was possible.

42 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Wouldn't Celebrity quote the current suite rate?  ...do you mean they will entertain your 'suggestion/bid' as payment?  I didn't think that was possible.

Sometimes it's cheaper to upgrade than make the minimum MoveUp bid.

An upgrade gives you more too - full Captains Club points, and for those in a suite, Premium Drinks and WiFi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I went to Move up offer under manage my reservation just to see what the lowest bid was. Then I went to the Celebrity website and did a mock booking to see what Aqua Class rooms were available. I picked a room and called Celebrity to see how much it would cost me to upgrade. My jaw dropped when she told me $80. I asked $80 each. She said, "No $80 total". It was a no brainer to upgrade. I was upgrading from a premium Concierge to premium Aqua. Had I been booked in a lower category I'm sure it would have been more but it would probably still be less than bidding the lowest bid and you get to pick the room.

There is a third party that manages the bids and I'm sure they get some type of compensation for doing so which would explain the higher price.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

Sometimes it's cheaper to upgrade than make the minimum MoveUp bid.

An upgrade gives you more too - full Captains Club points, and for those in a suite, Premium Drinks and WiFi.

and the choice to pick a room.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

and the choice to pick a room.

Unless you do what I did and get an upgrade to a Guaranteed Suite (Category "W") for about $500 less than picking our own.  😉  For us, the stateroom is the least of the benefits of being in a suite.

Edited by Andy_P

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

Unless you do what I did and get an upgrade to a Guaranteed Suite (Category "W") for about $500 less than picking our own.  😉  For us, the stateroom is the least of the benefits of being in a suite.

I would never book Aqua guarantee because they are in the worst location of the ship, especially on M class ships. Which is why I called to see how much to upgrade. I would never bid for an Aqua class. Concierge and suites are a safe bet for booking guarantee.

Edited by Iamcruzin

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I went to Move up offer under manage my reservation just to see what the lowest bid was. Then I went to the Celebrity website and did a mock booking to see what Aqua Class rooms were available. I picked a room and called Celebrity to see how much it would cost me to upgrade. My jaw dropped when she told me $80. I asked $80 each. She said, "No $80 total". It was a no brainer to upgrade. I was upgrading from a premium Concierge to premium Aqua. Had I been booked in a lower category I'm sure it would have been more but it would probably still be less than bidding the lowest bid and you get to pick the room.

There is a third party that manages the bids and I'm sure they get some type of compensation for doing so which would explain the higher price.

When you did the Aqua mock booking did that price difference match the $80 difference that you were quoted on the phone when you called?