Suite Breakfast on Navigator OTS and menu

tootsiescurly

20 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

Is it the same quality as the suite breakfast on Princess?

To my tastes, no.  I think Princess is nicer and with a better menu.  Starting off with a complimentary mimosa for example.  But the Chops breakfast for suites/pinnacle members is fine.  Being able to walk in and be immediately seated and served, in a usually quiet area, makes up for me missing my B.E.L.T sandwich.

• Like 1

I just got off of Independence OTS and had breakfast most mornings in Chops.  One morning I ordered the pancakes.  Dry and flavorless and hard around the edges.  I mentioned it to the manager when he came by and asked if everything was alright.  I said the pancakes were terrible and he said all they do is go into the Windjammer and grab some for our breakfast but if you want our chefs (in Chops) to make them fresh, they will.  Needless to say, they made them fresh for us on the next visit.

5 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I just got off of Independence OTS and had breakfast most mornings in Chops.  One morning I ordered the pancakes.  Dry and flavorless and hard around the edges.  I mentioned it to the manager when he came by and asked if everything was alright.  I said the pancakes were terrible and he said all they do is go into the Windjammer and grab some for our breakfast but if you want our chefs (in Chops) to make them fresh, they will.  Needless to say, they made them fresh for us on the next visit.

We will be on Indy in a GS.  How was the suite experience overall?  So far we pre-purchased the WiFi package and the 5-night dining package for a 12 night cruise.  We would prefer Oasis or Quantum Class where this is included but we like the itinerary.

5 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Odd. They've always made them to order for us as they never look like the small, flat ones the WJ servers.

On 9/24/2024 at 6:21 PM, tootsiescurly said:

Where is the suite breakfast on Navigator OTS. Is it the same quality as the suite breakfast on Princess?

For us, the suites breakfast is one and done. Just a MDR breakfast. Nothing special.  We would prefer just going to the buffet and getting a wider variety of food. 

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

For us, the suites breakfast is one and done. Just a MDR breakfast. Nothing special.  We would prefer just going to the buffet and getting a wider variety of food. 

I counter that with I like a small selection as it prevents me from gorging myself like I would at the buffet.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Odd. They've always made them to order for us as they never look like the small, flat ones the WJ servers.

This is not me just saying things; this came from the manager himself, Stanny.  

18 hours ago, island lady said:

And we definitely prefer the quieter atmosphere of the specialty restaurant breakfast, over the hectic and noisy WJ.  

It's good to have choices though.  

100% agree with this.  

• Like 1