Merged: Cancellation of Suez transits for 2026 World Cruises

Poole Boy

I was on Queen Anne.

This is from the email from Cunard:

We’d also like to let you know that we have changed Queen Mary 2’s World Voyage itinerary, and she will now sail home via Cape Town, South Africa following a similar route to Queen Anne’s original voyage. Full details of these Queen Mary 2 voyages will be available on  our website from 02‌ October‌ 2024.

• Like 1

I was worried about this when I noticed all Queen Anne's World cruise sectors had disappeared from their website.  Have booked Fremantle to Southampton and we then have 2 months in UK/Europe and have booked Crown Princess World sector back to Sydney.  Evening here now so have to contact Travel agent in the morning and see if can get anything to get us to the Uk. Not sure if it is even going to come to Fremantle and any replacement would have to be longer and more expensive.  Gutted this was to be our big overseas trip we have wanted to do for a long time.

• Host Hattie changed the title to Merged: Cancellation of Suez transits for 2026 World Cruises

Here's the revised QM2 itinerary for the final segment from Port Kelang to Southampton now via Cape Town rather than via Dubai and the Suez Canal.

29 Mar 2026: Port Kelang

05 Apr 2026: Port Louis

09 Apr 2026: Durban

12 Apr 2026: Cape Town

13 Apr 2026: Cape Town

15 Apr 2026: Walvis Bay

22 Apr 2026: Dakar

25 Apr 2026: Tenerife

27 Apr 2026: Cadiz

30 Apr 2026: Southampton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here is what I am seeing for QA's revised 2026 World Voyage. I've colored in blue the dates that do not appear to have changed from the original QA 2026 World Voyage itinerary. (I believe the original itinerary had QA in Singapore on 20-21 Feb 2026. It looks like the revised itinerary now has her in Singapore on 21-22 Feb 2026.)

Queen Anne Revised 2026 World Voyage

11 Jan 2026: Southampton

15 Jan 2026: Funchal

16 Jan 2026: Tenerife

19 Jan 2026: Mindelo

27 Jan 2026: Walvis Bay

30 Jan 2026: Cape Town

31 Jan 2026: Cape Town

2 Feb 2026: Port Elizabeth

4 Feb 2026: Durban

10 Feb 2026: Le Port

11 Feb 2026: Port Louis

16 Feb 2026: Colombo

20 Feb 2026: Port Kelang

21 Feb 2026: Singapore

22 Feb 2026: Singapore

26 Feb 2026: Hong Kong

27 Feb 2026: Hong Kong

2 Mar 2026: Manila

5 Mar 2026: Bitung

8 Mar 2026: Darwin

12 Mar 2026: Airlie Beach

14 Mar 2026: Brisbane

16 Mar 2026: Sydney

17 Mar 2026: Sydney

21 Mar 2026: Port Vila

23 Mar 2026: Suva

27 Mar 2026: International Date Line

29 Mar 2026: Honolulu

4 Apr 2026: Los Angeles

5 Apr 2026: Los Angeles

10 Apr 2026: Puerto Quetzal

13 Apr 2026: Panama Canal Transit

15 Apr 2026: Willemstad

16 Apr 2026: Oranjestad

19 Apr 2026: Miami

26 Apr 2026: Ponta Delgada

30 Apr 2026: Southampton

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm finding two slightly different versions of the QA 2026 World Voyage itinerary depending on where I look. One has QA at Le Port on 10 Feb and Port Louis on 11 Feb as I posted above. Another version has QA at those ports a day earlier with QA at Le Port on 9 Feb and Port Louis on 10 Feb. Not a big deal of course. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what Cunard publishes for the itinerary.

• Like 2

We will try and change our cancelled QA Cape Town to Southampton to QM2.  

Unfortunately the QM2 sailing is one fewer nights than the one we booked on QA. But it has the port of Cadiz on the itinerary instead of Madeira which we like.

The arrival date 30 April is the same.

Edited by longton
Omission

21 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm finding two slightly different versions of the QA 2026 World Voyage itinerary depending on where I look. One has QA at Le Port on 10 Feb and Port Louis on 11 Feb as I posted above. Another version has QA at those ports a day earlier with QA at Le Port on 9 Feb and Port Louis on 10 Feb. Not a big deal of course. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what Cunard publishes for the itinerary.

Cunard have posted the revised itinerary for the QA 2026 world voyage (H603D) on the Cunard US website. It's going to be 9 Feb for Le Port and 10 Feb for Port Louis.

I'm still seeing the original itinerary for the QA 2026 world voyage on the Cunard UK website as well as the original itinerary for the QM2 2026 world voyage on both the Cunard UK and US websites.

Edited by bluemarble

Cunard port planners have been awakened from their slumbers... I don't recall a world cruise calling at both Réunion and Mauritius before and it sounds right out of a Messageries Maritime timetable c. 1954.  But I suppose they make diverting enough "stretch your legs" calls on the long Indian Ocean passage and you have bragging rights with French sailors in Toulon, too. 

Edited by WantedOnVoyage

9 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Cunard port planners have been awakened from their slumbers... I don't recall a world cruise calling at both Réunion and Mauritius before and it sounds right out of a Messageries Maritime timetable c. 1954.  But I suppose they make diverting enough "stretch your legs" calls on the long Indian Ocean passage and you have bragging rights with French sailors in Toulon, too. 

We have visited both, twice on Queen Victoria world cruise segments, the last time being '19.

16 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We have visited both, twice on Queen Victoria world cruise segments, the last time being '19.

If I remember correctly, Reunion's Le Port was sort of 'shut' '19 due to an escalation of the French Caribbean general strike.

Luckily, the local entrepreneurs weren't taking part and we managed a car, driver  and a guide booked through Cunard.