Why choose Princess Cruises? I gave some very good reasons.

cshepard1965

Hey Cruisers:

I am a 59 year old male traveling with 92 year old mother, who uses a manual, foldable wheelchair.

Since the pandemic we have been making up for lost time trying to sail around the world.

Since last May we have sailed two 7 day MSC cruises before sailing 32 days on the Grand Princess in Australia and New Zealand.

This year we sailed Royal Caribbean in Southeast Asia and Middle East for 16 days and the Emerald Princess for 10 days in Canada.

During the next two years we have 6 more Princess Cruises for a total of over 80 days booked. Why Princess?

1. Princess has a very lenient cancellation policy, including a low deposit requirement that's fully refundable--for us, a deal breaker given my mother's age.

2. Princess Cruises "Future Cruise Credit" Program is a great value, allowing access to free onboard refundable spending money that can be converted to cash or refunded post cruise.

3.  The Princess level of service is one of upgraded quality at a competitive price point. 

4. The Princess ships are mostly midsized vessels and super similar. Once you know the layout of one, it makes all subsequent sails a breeze to navigate inside the vessel.

5. Princess price guarantee.  If your cruise price goes down, you'll receive 120% of difference. Also, Princess does not discount like other lines.

Usually the early bookings not only get you the best price and incentives but also best access to cabin location. For us, this would involve gaining access to accessible cabins.

6. Princess is excellent with seasoned citizens, especially the disabled.

7. Princess workers seem to have a very healthy espirit de corps, similar to Royal Caribbean, but asimilar to MSC, which felt negative

----

Love to hear how you feel.

Happy and Healthy Sailing!!!!

Edited by cshepard1965
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, cshepard1965 said:

Hey Cruisers:

I am a 59 year old male traveling with 92 year old mother, who uses a manual, foldable wheelchair.

Since the pandemic we have been making up for lost time trying to sail around the world.

Since last May we have sailed two 7 day MSC cruises before sailing 32 days on the Grand Princess in Australia and New Zealand.

This year we sailed Royal Caribbean in Southeast Asia and Middle East for 16 days and the Emerald Princess for 10 days in Canada.

During the next two years we have 6 more Princess Cruises for a total of over 80 days booked. Why Princess?

1. Princess has a very lenient cancellation policy, including a low deposit requirement that's fully refundable--for us, a deal breaker given my mother's age.

2. Princess Cruises "Future Cruise Credit" Program is a great value, allowing access to free onboard refundable spending money that can be converted to cash or refunded post cruise.

3.  The Princess level of service is one of upgraded quality at a competitive price point. 

4. The Princess ships are mostly midsized vessels and super similar. Once you know the layout of one, it makes all subsequent sails a breeze to navigate inside the vessel.

5. Princess price guarantee.  If your cruise price goes down, you'll receive 120% of difference. Also, Princess does not discount like other lines.

Usually the early bookings not only get you the best price and incentives but also best access to cabin location. For us, this would involve gaining access to accessible cabins.

6. Princess is excellent with seasoned citizens, especially the disabled.

7. Princess workers seem to have a very healthy espirit de corps, similar to Royal Caribbean, but asimilar to MSC, which felt negative

----

Love to hear how you feel.

Sorry to be picky, but I couldn't resist.

It's "esprit de corps" 😂

• Haha 1

Nice to see a positive objective review of what the OP has witnessed and why the points are important.  Thanks for doing this.

Anyone can find fault if they want to take the time to look for it.  After over 60 voyages with Princess we tend to look past the negative and concentrate on why we love Princess, it's home and family to us.

• Like 4

My wife and I are just beginning our travels with Princess, we did our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess last December, and I'm surprising her with a cruise next May in the Mediterranean aboard the Sun. My reasoning for going with Princess are pretty much the same as that given by the OP. 

But, how about navigating that wheelchair to the Deck 6 Aft dining room for breakfast and lunch?  The Emerald has a "hill" on Deck 7 you have to push the wheelchair up to get to the aft elevators to go down to deck 6.  Don't know if other ships have that hill.  To me using that dining room for breakfast and lunch is not being mobility friendly.  And now it appears they are also using it for dining with reservations every 20 minutes.  For that reason we upgraded to the new premiere and have reservations in specialty dining every evening. Much easier to get to.

I’d add that Princess offers longer, more unique itineraries than most similar cruise lines. We tried our first Princess cruise for a 14 day Norway and Iceland when the only other option was Cunard. Whether Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand or even Caribbean, we’ve been really pleased with the options available.

Self-serve laundry and huge closets on  most ships have made being aboard for longer periods easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

I’d add that Princess offers longer, more unique itineraries than most similar cruise lines. We tried our first Princess cruise for a 14 day Norway and Iceland when the only other option was Cunard. Whether Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand or even Caribbean, we’ve been really pleased with the options available.

Self-serve laundry and huge closets on  most ships have made being aboard for longer periods easy. 

Hey Torfam:

Looks like you made it back home safely from your Grand sails we shared together last October and November in Australia and New Zealand.

We, too, prefer longer itineraries.  The hassle of getting to ship and back home afterwards is always the most taxing on my mother.  Once onboard she seems to be much more at ease. Also, Princess itineraries, particularly on open days, are always full of activities.

Safe travels and smooth waves.

20 minutes ago, cshepard1965 said:

Hey Torfam:

Looks like you made it back home safely from your Grand sails we shared together last October and November in Australia and New Zealand.

We, too, prefer longer itineraries.  The hassle of getting to ship and back home afterwards is always the most taxing on my mother.  Once onboard she seems to be much more at ease. Also, Princess itineraries, particularly on open days, are always full of activities.

Safe travels and smooth waves.

Yes we had a great time on the Grand. I couldn't agree more that the travel to start long cruises if the tiring part. It's great being retired and having time to stay longer. That cruse was a trip with a ton of stuff to bring along since we had everything from clothing for the snowy day in Fiordlands National Park to scuba diving gear for the Great Barrier Reef. Princess made it easy to deal with all of it. We were loyal to Celebrity for a long time but now sail Princess more often. Hope you have some fun adventures planned!

Edited by Torfamm
typo