Can I "rent" a yoga mat from HAL?

rodndonna

We're coming up on a short (7 day) cruise and at sadly that age where I seem to need to maintain a minimum level of stretch and floor routine (even on holiday!&*%)

I would rather not go the gym for the few things I do that require being on the floor for, so would like to have a yoga mat in my room without having to bring one myself.

Has anyone ever rented (or borrowed) one from the gym? I believe the "spa" rooms have one, be we are inside GTY and ended up at the back on deck 1.

If not, maybe there is a small business case for renting mats ... I can't be the only one???

I don’t have a direct answer for you. But I have a travel mat from Amazon ( which I see isn’t available now.) I’m sure there are others still available. I more recently got a travel towel that I use for the same purpose (along with use as a beach towel). Not sure if something like them might be useful for you. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Yoga-Microfiber-Mat-Towel/dp/B014N5HKVO?pd_rd_w=6f9EI&content-id=amzn1.sym.8316a2b5-cd70-46ae-8cd3-b6d53778915d&pf_rd_p=8316a2b5-cd70-46ae-8cd3-b6d53778915d&pf_rd_r=3CESXZEB63EQ8PBR7GK8&pd_rd_wg=k8gFk&pd_rd_r=8eba577c-48ba-405f-ac1e-c18f63a7f58e&pd_rd_i=B014N5HKVO&psc=1&ref_=pd_basp_m_rpt_ba_s_1_sc

From Walmart 

IMG_6330.png

Edited by TiogaCruiser

7 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I don’t have a direct answer for you. But I have a travel mat from Amazon ( which I see isn’t available now.) I’m sure there are others still available. I more recently got a travel towel that I use for the same purpose (along with use as a beach towel). Not sure if something like them might be useful for you. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Yoga-Microfiber-Mat-Towel/dp/B014N5HKVO?pd_rd_w=6f9EI&content-id=amzn1.sym.8316a2b5-cd70-46ae-8cd3-b6d53778915d&pf_rd_p=8316a2b5-cd70-46ae-8cd3-b6d53778915d&pf_rd_r=3CESXZEB63EQ8PBR7GK8&pd_rd_wg=k8gFk&pd_rd_r=8eba577c-48ba-405f-ac1e-c18f63a7f58e&pd_rd_i=B014N5HKVO&psc=1&ref_=pd_basp_m_rpt_ba_s_1_sc

Sadly I only had the epiphany of wanting a yoga mat for the cruise after my routine this morning. I did find something similar available on Amazon (which is now in our "cart") but we leave mid day tomorrow .... so wouldn't be able to get it in time, but order on return and have it for our next holiday.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0869R723H/ref=sw_img_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Worst case - I will have an excuse to forgo doing planks for a week .. 😉

Edited by rodndonna

1 minute ago, rodndonna said:

Sadly I only had the epiphany of wanting a yoga mat for the cruise after my routine this morning. I did find something similar available on Amazon (which is now in our "cart") but we leave mid day tomorrow .... so wouldn't be able to get it in time, but order on return and have it for our next holiday.

Worst case - I will have an excuse to forgo doing planks for a week .. 😉

If worse comes to worst could you use the beach towel HAL provides? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do yoga and Pilates in the cabin and have  a travel yoga mat, similar to the one in your post that I found at Winners. You could look there, but of course their stock is always different. I sometimes don’t take it if I’m running out of space, and just grab a beach towel and keep it in the room. Not ideal as it slides a bit more, but it works too.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - a beach towel it is for this trip (although I am still going to order a travel yoga mat wen I get home).

Pretty sure it will be the only use for a "beach" towel on this cruise (Can/NE). I wasn't even sure we would have them but watched a Cabin video earlier today (same cruise last month) and they actually have "beach" towels in the cabins 😀

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Thanks everyone - a beach towel it is for this trip (although I am still going to order a travel yoga mat wen I get home).

Pretty sure it will be the only use for a "beach" towel on this cruise (Can/NE). I wasn't even sure we would have them but watched a Cabin video earlier today (same cruise last month) and they actually have "beach" towels in the cabins 😀

Just off Volendam on September 1 (NE) and there was a beach towel in our cabin 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

I use yoga paws, which take almost no packing space, link below. The thing I can't seem to find is an alternative for blocks or travel blocks, to modify some poses. Any ideas anyone?

When I practiced yoga I used books until I got blocks. Now those blocks go on my reformer to allow it to fit me better.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rodndonna said:

We're coming up on a short (7 day) cruise and at sadly that age where I seem to need to maintain a minimum level of stretch and floor routine (even on holiday!&*%)

I would rather not go the gym for the few things I do that require being on the floor for, so would like to have a yoga mat in my room without having to bring one myself.

Has anyone ever rented (or borrowed) one from the gym? I believe the "spa" rooms have one, be we are inside GTY and ended up at the back on deck 1.

If not, maybe there is a small business case for renting mats ... I can't be the only one???

I was on the Koningsdam in July and needed to do physical therapy exercises in my room.  I went to the spa and explained to the fitness/exercise manager why I would like to have a mat to use in my stateroom after my shower.  He gave me a yoga mat to use and I returned it to the spa/fitness department the day before we disembarked.  I didn’t want to do my exercises in a public place!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is good news.  In 2018 on the Eurodam, I asked the gym staff for a foam roller to use in the gym space.  Received a lot of "well, they're just for classes...blah blah blah.  Said I was going to use it here, not take it away.  He reluctantly gave me one to use in the gym only each time I asked later.  Mentioned this on the post cruise survey, and funnily enough, next cruise in 2019 (NS) the foam rollers were fully accessible for use in the gym space.  

Edited by greensprout
  • Like 1