MDR Serving Staff

Veinless

46 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

"Make them"?  

Yes. I’ve never noticed spontaneous dancing by waitstaff in any other line. You didn’t really think they aren’t instructed to did you? Sorry to burst your bubble!

16 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Yes. I’ve never noticed spontaneous dancing by waitstaff in any other line. You didn’t really think they aren’t instructed to did you? Sorry to burst your bubble!

I guess staff on other ships aren't allowed to have fun.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Sorry to burst yours but I see the faces of happy crew members, having fun, cutting up, showing some moves.  If that is not what you see, then I would suggest it isn't the dancing.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Veinless said:

25 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Sorry to burst yours but I see the faces of happy crew members, having fun, cutting up, showing some moves.  If that is not what you see, then I would suggest it isn't the dancing.  

Actually, some crew members do enjoy dancing and so forth. Others not so much. But it is expected for being part of the MDR staff.

• Like 1

We've had a great time getting up and dancing with our servers, and, at least to us, it seems they really enjoy it when we whole-heartedly join in with them. 

We have always done fixed time dining, and I think this works better when you are with the same team each night.  It's easier to have fun with the team we all get to know each other.

I remember one evening on the Horizon our head server told our kids no dessert unless they got up and danced with her! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diamond-56-Plus said:

Actually, some crew members do enjoy dancing and so forth. Others not so much. But it is expected for being part of the MDR staff.

Some of the staff don't like other aspects of the job either. They aren't slaves or forced to work on a ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

With anytime dining last week we missed it which I am fine with.

I missed it too, but learned to adjust my dining time so I could enjoy the entertainment. Not only was there dancing but also some singing by wait staff and even the maitra d'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I missed it too, but learned to adjust my dining time so I could enjoy the entertainment. Not only was there dancing but also some singing by wait staff and even the maitra d'.

The Maitra D on the Pride had a great voice (this was in 2018 - I think his name was Ken?)

Our head server on the Horizon made it a point to us that she would be singing one night, and told all her tables we weren't allowed to miss dinner that night. Or leave early. (Same one who danced with the kids).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Veinless said:

In 2010 on HAL Westerdam they had a dinner where there were no napkins on the tables.  The crew came around and ceremoniously placed them.  Then they sang and danced.  It was obvious they needed to attend the Carnival school of wait staff dancing.  It was kind of embarrassing.  Just last month on MSC Magnifica the wait staff sang and danced on two of the three nights.  They also could have used some tutoring…and they didn’t do it throughout the MDR.  EM

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Maitre d Ken on Pride sang and he was great!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

The Maitra D on the Pride had a great voice (this was in 2018 - I think his name was Ken?)

Our head server on the Horizon made it a point to us that she would be singing one night, and told all her tables we weren't allowed to miss dinner that night. Or leave early. (Same one who danced with the kids).

Ken is Carnival's most famous Maitre

• Like 3