The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 27th, 2024

Happy Anniversary, Carolyn and Henry. looks like Yellowstone is putting on a show for you.

Little news from here. I was glad to see all the check-ins from the path of Helene this morning. Hopefully she will move on quickly and lose some of her power.

Dogs and i will have a quiet day today.... more later after their overdue walks.

Susan

• Like 14

Good morning, 

@Cruising-along Happy Anniversary to you both! Yellowstone is a great place to celebrate it. 

We're back to some typical northwest weather with a mix of sun and clouds but no rain at the moment so that's good. Yesterday did a few errands and then worked on the linen closet mess. Now I need DS to come over and help get things out for donation. He started his first week at the college (he's working towards a human services degree) so his days are mixed up as he gets into a new routine. 

Today is the pool and a few groceries. I have a paper I need to notarize so that my supplement plan can talk to me about DD DH so will hopefully stop by my friends real estate office and have her do that for me. If it doesn't work today I can stop at her open house on Sunday. 

Happy Friday! 

Karen

• Like 14

I do hope everyone in harms way is doing OK. It’s pack up and move day. Flying from Lihue direct to Oakland. Sleep a few hours then up early tomorrow for a 6:00 AM flight home. Phew!

It’s been a wonderful time. 
Thanks for the reports and post. B.

image.jpeg.7ed886e47d6811af1ac15874674a0178.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.80333bed7b07ef2ac61f91323b441ea3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.67f150802798296043d23a0158e31fed.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8bd1cf968643cf4a7bf5496aec6e5e35.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb17de944732ec6c53bd1bc5cf157eff.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2e66919c48c0d1c136e9b6200379d2d9.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Arkansas here we come-

sorry about length of story and pictures

'Cedar Key as we know it is completely gone'

Michael Bobbitt, a resident of Cedar Key, Fla., who stayed behind during Helene, told the New York Times, "Cedar Key as we know it is completely gone."

“The post office is destroyed,” he said of the city in Florida's northwestern Big Bend region, which was also hit by Hurricane Idalia in 2023. “Several restaurants are destroyed. The Jiffy Food Store is destroyed. Vehicles are smashed in and turned upside down. Everything is impassable. It looks like a nuclear bomb went off.”

Workers clear debris in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, in Cedar Key, Fla., on Sept. 27.

Workers clear debris in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, in Cedar Key, Fla. (Gerald Herbert/AP)
Debris inside a flooded store after Hurricane Helene made landfall in Cedar Key, Fla.

Debris inside a flooded store in Cedar Key. (Miguel J. Rodriguez Carrillo/Getty Images)
A house destroyed by Hurricane Helene after making landfall is seen in Cedar Key.

A house destroyed by Hurricane Helene in Cedar Key. (Miguel J. Rodriguez Carrillo/Getty Images)
A Cedar Key house destroyed by Hurricane Helene.

A Cedar Key home destroyed by Hurricane Helene. (Miguel J. Rodriguez Carrillo/Getty Images)
Residents, traveling by boat, inspect Cedar Key after Hurricane Helene made landfall.

Residents, traveling by boat, inspect Cedar Key after Hurricane Helene made landfall. (Miguel J. Rodriguez Carrillo/Getty Images)
  • Thanks 2