Would you book now for a transatlantic this year? Westbound mostly likely to Florida

Hello cruisers

Would you make a late booking on a transatlantic for this year?  I've not cruised for many years and was mostly on Celebrity. Their options have mainly only 1 or 2 cabins available in Balcony or under and are expensive.

NCL has some good ports, availability and a cheap upgrade offer just now, but reviews aren't great particularly for dining and entertainment.  A concern with so many sea days.

Late booking isn't idea for cabin choice or price, or allowing time to look into ships, ports etc. so any tips or comparisons would be very welcome.

Thank you

Edited by Mcscotty

• Mcscotty changed the title to Would you book now for a transatlantic this year? Eastbound mostly likely to Florida
  • Host Kat changed the title to Would you book now for a transatlantic this year? Westbound mostly likely to Florida
5 hours ago, Mcscotty said:

Can no longer edit - but should read Westbound obviously 🙃

No problem. I have edited the title for you.

In the future if your edit time has expired to edit your thread title, let us know by using the Report feature. Click here: How To: Report a Post

Just use the Thread Needs Attention: (ex: Wrong Forum, Move Thread, Edit etc) radio button and let us know what your new title should be in the Optionally enter a message with your report section.

Hope this will be helpful!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

My TA is on Princess Nov 2025, Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale. I booked it in April of this year, so 5 months ago. I wouldn't wait.

Yes it's not a lot of time for a Nov 24 departure.  Leaves me an average of 6 weeks to organise, look into Ports etc.  It's doable but options are limited.

7 hours ago, Mcscotty said:

Hello cruisers

Would you make a late booking on a transatlantic for this year?  I've not cruised for many years and was mostly on Celebrity. Their options have mainly only 1 or 2 cabins available in Balcony or under and are expensive.

NCL has some good ports, availability and a cheap upgrade offer just now, but reviews aren't great particularly for dining and entertainment.  A concern with so many sea days.

Late booking isn't idea for cabin choice or price, or allowing time to look into ships, ports etc. so any tips or comparisons would be very welcome.

Thank you

Years ago booking last minute for a cheap TA was an option 

now you almost have book when the cruises are released to get a good price because they are good value 

• Like 1