How to rent a tux?

vesw01

Download the afformentioned forms and take them to a Tux Shop or Mens Wear store for measurements. Then fax the forms into the number provided by Carnival.

Fred you crack me up. :D

LOL, Thats pretty cool, I didnt know they had that cool service, thats why were are here !!!

Fred

We did this for our last cruise. DH and twin boys rented tuxes, so needless to say, we took lots of formal pictures. It was cheaper to rent them through Carnival than from our local tux shop. It's great....pick them up on board, wear them for formal nights and return prior to debarkation. The fit very well.

Wow that is great. I am going to have to do some checking around. I think it would just be easier to have the ship provide than lug one around. I probably should ask my hubbie first...LOL he may just want to bring his suit.

We rented tuxes through Carnival for both my husband and son for our December cruise on the Valor. DH is of average build, but DS is a tall football player with the large upper body, slim lower body athletic build. They both looked terrific!

The basic tux rental for a week-long cruise comes with the black jacket and pants, two formal shirts and all the accessories (bow tie, studs, cummerbund). We also paid the extra $12 each to rent formal shoes...nice patent oxfords (not the old fashioned slip on things, which I always thought looked a bit strange on a man). Since neither of them had shoes that really would have looked right with a tux, this was cheaper than buying some that they might not use again for a long time.

Best thing about doing it this way was not having to lug any of this with us---or worry about getting something pressed! Only thing that DH and DS should have remembered to bring--and didn't---were black socks. Luckily, the formalities shop has them for sale--LOL--guess they run into this problem frequently.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

I could see us leaving the house without black socks, we wouldn't even have thought about it. But then again, my husband and son didn't bring a swimsuit when we went to FL the last time (thank goodness for Wal-mart's everywhere!!)

We also paid the extra $12 each to rent formal shoes...nice patent oxfords (not the old fashioned slip on things, which I always thought looked a bit strange on a man). Since neither of them had shoes that really would have looked right with a tux, this was cheaper than buying some that they might not use again for a long time.

OT, the slip-on shoes are called pumps and you're right about them being old - they're a holdover from 19th century court dress (as in Royal Courts of Europe). Sorry, I couldn't resist - I've been researching black tie history & etiquette for three years now and I've got formalwear on the brain!

By the way, congratulations Carol on taking the effort (and little extra money) to put together a proper formal ensemble!

If you did not want to rent, we purchased my husbands at cheaptux.com for around $139.00 for a whole tux, shirt, bow tie, studs, cummberbund. It was a good investment and is very nice looking. He has worn it 4 times already and going on number 5 in 3 days. We will be on the Conquest this Sunday (April 2). Anyway, a little information incase you may be interested. Debbie from Missouri

Archived