Ryndam Nov 10 drops Grand Cayman

Orlandocruiser

My DH was just showing a friend HAL's website re our S. Carribbean cruise for Nov 10 2006 and noticed they have changed the itinerary, dropping Grand Cayman, staying in Aruba until midnight instead of 3 pm and therefore ending the cruise with 3 days at sea. (This cruise leaves out of Tampa) According to cruise cal there were to be 7 ships in Cayman that day and we certainly would not have left the ship. I wonder if they were "thrown out " of Cayman or decided that it would be so much hassle tendering with all those other ships and then fielding complaints from everyone that it was better to just cancel the port.

We recently spent a week in GC, and really, there are just too many ships in port. On Saturday, there was one, and I'll bet those people had a wonderful time. The other days were awful. The day we left, a Thursday, we counted nine ships in port. Only seven of those were on the port authority board. I personally believe GC is making a huge mistake allowing that many ships to be in port daily.

I doubt GC had anything to do with this ship skipping port...more likely, it was the cruise ship passengers complaining. The tender lines were long...very long. I think one of the Princess ships was also dropping this port.

As many people as there were in town, the large number of cruisers really had no impact on us. We had a rental car, and we'd scoot off to the other side of the island or just lounge around on 7MB in front of the condo. Town was a total zoo...so many people everywhere. It would be impossible to shop or dine when there are multiple ships in port.

Grand Caymen is my favorite spot in the Western Caribbean. I have been in there with as many as six ships in port. I love the place and have never had to wait too long for a tender back to the ship.

Archived