Yet another travel ins ?

vesw01

I am looking at booking a cruise for Dec 2008 and I know many of the travel ins. you have to book w/in 14-21 days from the deposit to keep from having prexiting conditions...

I would like to put the deposit down and get the ins., but am not sure what the total cost would be - airfare etc.

Has anyone dealt with this - if so how?

Two things:

#1 CSA now has some very good plans that let you get coverage for pre-existing medical conditions if you buy a policy no later than 24 hours after making your FINAL payment on the trip.

#2 For all of the major insurers the plans are fully changeable. You can insure the cruise now and then when you buy your air tickets (or other arrangements) you can add that cost to the plan. If your travel dates change you can make those changes too. This way if you pick a plan that makes you buy a policy right away to get coverage for pre-existing medical conditions you're still OK. Just be sure that when you add the new trip costs to the policy that you insure them within that same 7 - 21 day window after paying for them so you keep the pre-existing condition waiver in effect.

Excellent thank you so much... The information will come in handy. We are also foster parents and so we never are really going to know how old the people that are traveling with us are until we get closer...but I want to make sure that they all eventually are listed as travel companions in the event any of them get sick

Archived