Repositioning Cruises???

Hello-Kitty

I'm not sure how others find it, but I viewed all of Princess' ships (I prefer crusing with Princess) and the itineraries on the Princess website and found the Pacific Coast sailing. I think I first became aware of repositioning cruises on these boards. I'd be interested to learn how others find them.

sasha'smom

I usually use a copy of Princess' sailing calendar for the year. It's color-coded to regions of the world, so it's easy to see when a particular ship would be repositioning from (for example) the Caribbean to Europe.

These trips are a great deal, particularly if you use miles for the flights involved.

Look for the end of 1 season and the beginning of another. Alaska starts in Early May, and ends in mid to late september etc. Usually the back of the Brochure will have a listing on where all the ships will be deployed the next year. Ask for a Princess cruise atlas. :)

Anyone have any recommendations as to where i can view such a cruise???

Any site listing cruises should have them.. Y_hoo does.... you just have to know what you are looking at. Some sites (guess we are not suppose to mention names) specifically identify them as repositions, but looking for the longer 14-16 dayers should pick them up. (I hould be able to mention ***** because they advertise on CC - the cruises you want are at the bottom of the list)

The most common are the repos to and from Caribbean to the Pacifc / Alaska. The other most common are the transatlantic to and from Europe. Others are to and from Australia or Asia.

We did a full transit Panama Canal FFL to SF last year. Just went on Y_hoo and found 15 for May 06. :D

I look for cruises either April/October which is when most of them are. We went on a RCCL repositioning on the Serenade April 04 from San Juan to San Diego through the Panama -it was 14 days I think and fantastic. Last year my cousin did a radiance class from Ft Lauderdale to the UK which they loved too.

Archived