San juan port to airport question

Can we make a 12:15pm flight home from Adventure of the Seas????

Anyone had any experiences with flights this early or earlier???

We've cruised alot, but never into and out of San Juan.

Any thoughts???

dbb25

Can we make a 12:15pm flight home from Adventure of the Seas????

Anyone had any experiences with flights this early or earlier???

We've cruised alot, but never into and out of San Juan.

Any thoughts???

dbb25

It would be tight. I would recommend the earliest flight to be 2pm.

You will be fine...I had a 12:30 flight out and was first group off the ship, got to the airport very early and waitied almost 3 hours before the flight left. Don't stress you will make it.

When I cruised the AOS in september 2004 we had a flight to Miami at 10.50 am. After Miami we had a connection to Amsterdam. To shorten a very long story, we missed our flight due to the behaviour of RCCL. Not just us but many people missed their flights. We were lucky that AA changed our flights without paying extra but a lot of people got problems and were forced to spend another night in San Juan. It caused stress and wasnt the best end of a beautiful holiday. Please take my advice and if there is a chance to get a flight later that day. Take that one. I was stubborn and fortunately I did not have to pay extra otherwise I had to pay about 3000 dollars extra

We were waiting in a lounge to disembark early which meant leaving before 7.30 am as we had a 10.50 am flight. At 8 we were still in the lounge and rccl representatives were announcing that there were some "difficulties". The end of the story was that the first ones were to leave at 11 am with a result that most of them missed their flights. RCCL said that the airline people at the airport knew what the problem was and that they would take care of us. None what so ever!!!! There problem became the problem of the airlines and after the first people were transfered to other flights without extra cost they refused to transfer the next passengers on a new flight without paying extra. We were the lucky ones fortunately. Apparently the people that got our luggage of the ship went on strike and while we were waiting to leave the ship the rccl representative already knew that nothing was going to happen untill the luggage was of the ship. Instead of telling us we were told nothing just to avoid difficult questions. Telling people that the people at the airport would take care of the problem was just a disgrace!!!. This was the sailing that left San Juan on september 26th in 2004

Thats cutting it a little close, the airport is not that far way but you never know what can happen while trying to get off the ship.

I would look at a flight closer to 2 pm,

If you make it earlier you could always wonder around the airport gift shops, they do have nice ones.

To avoid all the stress associated with missing flts or sailing, we are flying in two days prior to departure and one day after returning. I don't want to have to deal with apx 5000 passengers from two ships (Carnival/RCCL). Heck, we all ready paid a arm and a leg for the airfare, whats a few hundred dollars more to extend the vacation and miss all the traffic.

You can make it with no problem. You can easily be at the airport by 830 AM without even trying. We had a noon flight and were at the airport by 9 and we were the 4th group off. The less time spent in the San Juan airport the better. That place is nuts!

We just returned on March 26 from AOS. We were the 5th group off of the ship; we got our luggage and a cab and were in downtown Old San Juan by 10:30 sipping pina coladas at Barrachina's. The airport was about a 15 minute ride from Old San Juan. RCCL wants to get you off the ship as early as possible so they can have as much time to prep for the next group coming on, which usually starts about noon. Unless there are issues with certain passengers, forcing RCCL to keep you on board longer than necessary, you should be off in plenty of time.

I know it seems logical that you would make your flight, but if you happen to be on the ship when all foreign personnel need to go thru immigration, you are sunk. That happened to us and we were delayed several hours. I don't know how you would find out if that will happen on your trip, but be aware that immigration does do checks of the personnel on the ship.

To the poster who said that RCCL made them miss the ship, I am confused. If the port authority personnel remove the luggage and they were on strike, how did RCCL do that to you? If you made plane reservations prior to boarding the ship, your plane time was your choice. Would you have been able to take your own luggage off at that time? If they had that then, I could see how it could be considered RCCL's fault in not telling you that you should do it. I can't imagine what it would be like though with 3000 passengers all trying to take off their own luggage. It would seem to me you still would have missed your flight. Please explain how it was RCCL's fault so I can be aware when we go from San Juan. Thanks.

Archived