Hyatt Pier 66

karen kay

We have reservations with the Hyatt for this upcoming weekend, that were made 8 months ago. I specifically requested two 'renovated' tower rooms when I made the reservations. I called about 3 months ago to confirm the reservation and the rate and everything was in order. I went on line today to print out the reservation so as to have it at check in time, and I noticed that they had us in the 2 story 'garden' rooms. I immediately called Hyatt to see what the story was. I was transferred to a manager who told me the Tower Rooms had NOT been renovated and since I specifically wanted a new, renovated room, they put us in the garden rooms! I told her that a friend of mine stayed there 4 weeks ago and she had stayed in a renovated tower room. After about 10 minutes of going back and forth, and her trying to get me to upgrade to a suite in the tower, a heard a male voice in the background, telling her to 'upgrade' us to the tower in the renovated rooms! What is the story with this Hyatt? I hate to think that when we get there we will still get the run around and 'unrenovated' rooms! Has this ever happened to anyone? We did not use priceline; we are using a certificate for one free nite at any Hyatt and we are paying $289 for the other room, without the $12. fee, since the reservations were made prior to January. Any suggestions and/or experiences would be appreciated! Thanks

I believe I read that it's been sold to a group of investors, and things are what they used to be. I think they also bought the Marriott. I've read a lot of negative comments about this place and a couple of others. The same type of comments you made...I'd stick to my guns and get what was promised.

Archived