If given the choice for a 4a guar or rm #6286 on Valor

vesw01

Well, 6286 seems like a really convenient location, very close to the atrium elevators and kinda midships, so its a pretty good deal as inside rooms go. Although there may be noise issues if you are very light sleepers and go to bed early, because of the elevators and the atrium. If I were not much of a gambler, I would pack my earplugs and take the room.

The odds with a guarantee are that you will get some interior room, although there is always the outside chance that you will get upgraded beyond that. But probably not. If you like to gamble, take the guarantee.

If not, take 6286.

JMHO

Virginia

I think we might take the gamble. I am going to talk to my DH. We are cruising for $800 total for both of us, so how bad can it get?? At least we are on vacation by ourselves (for once). Beggars can't be choosers.

I am sorry I bumped this to the top. My husband and I got into a big fight last night over guarantee versus cabin assignment. He is worried about being underwater (yes I know no passengers cabins are below sea level). The cabin is on the Upper Deck - doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, but I have not enough experience to make an informed decision.

Any help would be great appreciated!!

Well, 6286 seems like a really convenient location, very close to the atrium elevators and kinda midships, so its a pretty good deal as inside rooms go. Although there may be noise issues if you are very light sleepers and go to bed early, because of the elevators and the atrium. If I were not much of a gambler, I would pack my earplugs and take the room.

The odds with a guarantee are that you will get some interior room, although there is always the outside chance that you will get upgraded beyond that. But probably not. If you like to gamble, take the guarantee.

If not, take 6286.

JMHO

Virginia

I can't improve on these observations and this advice. Is the guarantee/gamble worth putting up with hubby's concerns?

I had 6206, and I can tell you one thing. If you are a light sleeper, you don't want that location on the nights they have shows. The 10:30 show will keep you up till its over, its very loud. However, other than that the location is wonderful. So if your not going to be in your room during the shows, then its not a big deal. That is the only time I heard anything.

Archived