Resort Course for first time cruisers @ Cozumel

EthelnElmer

Hey Afficianados- First time crusiers need your feedback--anyone have knowledge about Eduardo@ Cozumel Sports or Dive Paridise? We want to try a resort course with a safe & "Known" dive op! Also - How long would a typical 1 tank dive last? is it possible that a newbie would want to do a second dive the same day that they learn or would the first dive wear them out too much? sorry if all this sounds Dejavu!

:cool: thanks--Elmer

Hey Afficianados- First time crusiers need your feedback--anyone have knowledge about Eduardo@ Cozumel Sports or Dive Paridise? We want to try a resort course with a safe & "Known" dive op! Also - How long would a typical 1 tank dive last? is it possible that a newbie would want to do a second dive the same day that they learn or would the first dive wear them out too much? sorry if all this sounds Dejavu!

:cool: thanks--Elmer

Hi,

I don't know about these dive operators but my dive buddies and I took a resort course in Cozumel with Papa Hogg's Dive Center (http://www.papahogs.com/site/index2.php). They were great and run a very small operation so in most cases your party would be the only ones on the boat. The take you into the ocean in about 3 feet of water and teach you everything you need to know about operating the equipment for a resort course then take you out to do a dive with a dive master. As far as how long, depends on who goes through their air quickest. For most newbies 30-40 minutes on a tank is doing pretty good. As far as two tanks, depends on your athletic ability, how much time and how much money you have. Since Cozumel is mainly drift diving, the actual "swimming" part isn't too strenuous as you drift down current from where you enter and the boat meets you as you surface. Anyway, you can send them an e-mail or give them a call and I'm sure they can provide more details. BTW, I don't work for them, just like 'em.

Hope this helped,

Randall

P.S. if you're like me, once I did the resort course I was certified within a month since I was jealous of all those divers I saw in the "deep water" looking at neat stuff below me (resort courses are limited in depth since you wouldn't be certified in the saftey measures for deeper water).

Archived