Who else is looking forward to the Med in 2007?

My fiance and I are looking at a European cruise with Princess for our wedding cruise in 2007. We have never sailed with Princess before but have chosen them because the ship's captain can perform the wedding ceremony in the chapel onboard. We haven't decided for sure on a date or which ship so any help would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Six Of Us Are Already Booked On The Carnival Freedom On March 14th 2007..

The Price Is Right And We Are Ready To Go & Have Fun..... Looking At Excursions From Independent Agents.... Will Keep You Posted

Phil

Hi. We're doing the Med. with Disney (10-night from Barcelona) sailing July 18th. We sailed with Disney for our first (and only) cruise and enjoyed it. Our kids really wanted to do another Disney cruise; DH and I really want to go to the Med., so we all get our wish :)

So now I'm anxious to read up on the various ports and excursions and what's the best way to see a sampling of where we'll be so we'll know more for going back.

DH was hooked on cruising and has decided that's his preferred method of travel for now... I can't argue (LOL). We like the idea of going somewhere internationally but not having to worry about where we'll stay for the night or what or where we'll eat for dinner and will there be something that the kids will eat, KWIM?

Did Barcelona round trip on Splendour in 2005 and hoping to do the Med in 2007 taking in Venice. Haven't decided which cruiseline yet. Reading this thread has given me food for thought

Frances

RCCL's website today is listing the summer 2007 itineraries for Brilliance of the Seas. I called and was told to check back in about 2 weeks for pricing. At least now we have dates and ports of call to think about. I noticed the Travel Channel will be showing Samantha Brown's Med. cruise on the Brilliance this coming Monday night, April 17 at 6 p.m.

Sue

Just to add an update, I call RCL nearly daily and the date I am consistently getting now is Thursday (20th), for new bookings. Apparently, Celebrity will follow. We have a 'safety" booking on Carnival but really have our hearts set on Brilliance for a 12-night Venice. The fares on Princess have really frightened us ($3000 for a balcony vs. $2250 on Carnival) so we made the safety booking but I really hope RCL is lower than Princess so we can book her.

Be prepared to be frightened. If you look at the current pricing for Navigator in summer 2007, the 14-night cruises are averaging $3300 for a balcony. RCL may price us out of the market for this cruise.

Karen

The Navigator prices are what made us book Carnival as a safety. we got an aft balcony for $2300. I wouldn't evenmind paying a few hundred more but much more than that will be hard to justify. That said, ours is a 12 nighter on a ship that is not new to the region so I'm hopeful.

Hi guys,

I noticed a lot of people were wondering about pricing for 2007 so I thought I'd chime in.

I booked a May 29th 12-day cruise on Emerald Princess (it will be a brand new ship). It was $3300 for a balcony, which I think is quite a bit more than last year.

I was kind of expecting that though.

Also, I've never sailed on Princess before but the Princess "experts" all agree that if you book directly with Princess you pay a lot more. So, I may wind up transferring the booking to a TA and it may end up cheaper than $3300.

But for those who are interested, that's their pricing for a 12 day.

Melissa :)

Hi Mike,

I'm sure it will :)

It was just a spur-of-the-moment thing. I saw someone post the itineraries here on Cruise Critic and they said it was possible to call and book even though they weren't showing on the website yet, so I called right away.

I wanted a specific aft cabin (and I got it!!! YAY).

If I can get a better price later on, that's an added bonus!

Melissa :)

Help a "Cruise Novice" please. There is mention of Celebrity Itineries and some RCCL itineries being on the websites but I can't find them. The only ones I see are for the Navigator, not the Brilliance nor the Splendour. What am I doing wrong?

Help a "Cruise Novice" please. There is mention of Celebrity Itineries and some RCCL itineries being on the websites but I can't find them. The only ones I see are for the Navigator, not the Brilliance nor the Splendour. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. The dates were up (the prices were not) but it seemed like they just wanted to make sure they displayed properly. As soon as they were all up, they disappeared.

...no mention here of Costa [wonder why..?!]

I've just booked Costa Mediterranea for May 07 - here is our itinerary...

14/05/07 - Venice

15/05/07 - Bari (Italy)

16/05/07 - Katakolon/Olympia (Greece)

17/05/07 - Santorini (Greece) 07:30 til 13:00

17/05/07 - Mykonos (Greece) 18:00 til 23:00

18/05/07 - Rhodes (Greece)

19/05/07 - Day at Sea

20/05/07 - Dubrovnik (Croatia)

21/05/07 - Venice.

Sole decision point for this is the begin and end in Venice, and the fact that it was considerably cheaper than the prices you guys are quoting for Disney, Carnival, Princess and RCL.......oh how I wish NCL started and stopped in Venice!!!

I think the UK site for Costa is more up-to-date than the general one. The UK one is showing options for Sept 07 whereas the general site is only showing up to April 07.

Frances

I think the UK site for Costa is more up-to-date than the general one. The UK one is showing options for Sept 07 whereas the general site is only showing up to April 07.

Frances

That must be quite new - I booked when nothing was showing.

Pronto price [early booker] on the UK web site for a suite is £1309pp/$2159 if anyone is interested....

We're doing the 56 day HAL Prinsendam - Grand Med & Africa-starting on Mar. 12, '07. The ports sound good and are numerous ! I'm doing alot of research already.

Best of all, leave from Ft. Laud. and return to Ft. Laud., can't wait.:p

MaryAnn

This is our (Me, DH DD9) first Europe trip and I can't wait! The Med is so full of history and it seems to have a certain romance to it! I'm hoping the Princess Grand is a "grand" ship!!! This is a dream come true for me!

I appreciate all the great info I have already learned from this site!

Hope all have a good cruise in 07!

Thx Kat

Hi All

RCCL released their iteneriaries and pricing today! Yippee! I found a 12 Night Mediterranean Venice Cruise on Brilliance of the Seas leaving Sep 30, 07 for $2500pp for a balcony. It's a little late in the season to go, but I'm hoping it won't be too cold. :)

I, too, was happy to see that Royal Caribbean had posted its' itineraries for 2007 Europe. There still don't seem to be any "transatlantic" or "repositioning" dates showing for 2007. Is it normal for those cruises to be posted at a later date?

We're booked! We wanted an aft cabin, but one day after opening up bookings, the only aft available was on deck 8, so we're hoping something higher up will open up later (hoping some holds or group space may come available), but we're off n running!

We did a land vacation in Italy in 2000 and can't wait to get back to Florence and Venice again :)

We are finally returning to the Med in 2007 :D

Host Karen, we were supposed to sail with you on the Brilliance in 2005 and then my niece planned a June wedding :eek: I know you had a great time on that trip!

For those of you that are looking for a great deal you may want to check out the Cruise Critic Group Cruise on the Carnival Freedom - September 22, 2007 sailing. We booked our first aft balcony cabin for only $1979 pp :)

Linda

cruising forever, I hope you grabbed that deck 8 aft. Not much difference between one on deck 9 or deck 8. I would avoid deck 10 because you'd be under the Windjammer.

Linda, I remember! Sorry you missed it -- we would have had a blast. You'll love the Med, and I know you had a lot of your homework done even before you had to postpone the trip. Have a great time!

I've heard about the CC group cruise, but we're partial to X and RCCL. In fact, we're waffling about whether to sail Brilliance roundtrip from Barcelona (including Venice) or Millennium from Barcelona to Venice. It's a tough decision despite the $800 pp price difference. Considering we only paid $2100 pp for Brilliance last year, that's a big chunk of change, but the itinerary on the 13-night X cruise is fabulous. It's going to take a while to figure this one out.

Karen

Archived