Public Transportation to Anse Chastenet?

CityGrrl

Has anyone every been adventurous enough to try to get to Anse Chastenet and Ladera via Public Transportation (local bus)?

If I understand correctly it's about $8 US per person one-way to get to Soufriere from Castries, and then you can hire a water taxi for $15 per ride to Anse Chastenet. Can't find any local options to Ladera online.

DH and I are traveling on the cheap this time (unexpected family cruise), but want to check out Ladera & Anse Chastenet for a possible stay for our 10th anniversary celebration (wouldn't mind a snorkel while we're there, either!).

Has anyone taken the bus lately? I'm hearing it's somewhere between a 1 & 2 hour trip.

Any info would be deeply appreciated!

I'm hoping you get a reply here. This is exactly what I wanted to do while in St. Lucia. Didn't know that there was a water taxi required after the bus ride. Why is that, if you know? Roads don't get all the way down there?

Kathy

I'm assuming a water taxi is necessary because there's an infamous almost-impassable 2 mile road (driveway?) between the main road and Anse Chastenet. (Check the other posts about taking a taxi to Anse Chastenet.)

However, I know the public bus goes to Soufriere, and there are water taxi's between Soufriere & A.C.

Still hoping for a response!

Archived