Carnival's Drink Coupons - Yay or Nay?

deannagmd

Hello!

We will soon be off on a Carnival cruise and I was wondering what people thought about the drink coupons they offer. Is it worth it? I haven't found many comments on the forums about them and people seem to be divided as to their usefulness in the little information that I do find.

So what do you all think? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thanks!

:)

I agree with the above poster- my friend had the drink coupons and they have a dollar limit-not positive, but I think in November is was $4.75 each- much simpler to just put money in advance on your sail and sign card-That is what we do

It's really not a savings, its nice for people to give them to you :)

I have given some to friends who took a cruise as a gift, which I think is what they are intended for not really for savings.

Personally, I look at it this way : I prepay for some drinks, therefore they are not on my S & S tab.

Its not much different that putting cash on your s & s card, but, this way you don't see so many drinks on there at the end of the day!

I bought 4 packs so far ;) and if you tip a waiter and keep using him, you will get the more expensive drinks for the coupon. I know many that always do this with no problems.

So, its up to you whether you want to see the drinks piled up on your cards or not.

Used them on cruises before, more hassle than they are worth. I would prefer just prepaying my account... I just call, put money on my S&S, and be done with it... no more hassling with the coupons. They offer a slight savings, but I never remembered to take them with me... or left them at home and had to use them on the next cruise. Just not worth it to me... I like taking my S&S card and that's it :D

I have used coupons in the past because it prepaid my sign and sail account. THe coupons today are not worth the money. (you are paying more for the coupons then what the drinks are worth.

The NEW coupons are 4. for 19.95 and only good for drinks that cost 3.95 or less. (coupons also pay the 15% gratituty) thats only 16 bucks.

frozen drinks are 4.95 plus grat. and drinks of the day are 7.50 in a sovernier cup. Cosmo and special martins are closer to 8.

If wanting to buy a coupon-- buy a funship dollar for 25.00 and use it for ANYthing at all on the ship. 1-800-906-7603

you can have a funship dollar mailed to you or place the money onto your cabin credit.

• 3 weeks later...

Goin Cruising

You mentioned pre paying on your sign and sail. Are you saying you can send money prior to boarding or just paying up front the day you board? Sorry for the dumb question. :o

We just got off the conquest and I had purchased the drink coupons and used them for the frozen drinks that were 4.95 and had no problems. I also had bought on board credit but to me in a weird way I like using the coupons because I know they are not going on my sail and sign.

I have used coupons in the past because it prepaid my sign and sail account. THe coupons today are not worth the money. (you are paying more for the coupons then what the drinks are worth.

The NEW coupons are 4. for 19.95 and only good for drinks that cost 3.95 or less. (coupons also pay the 15% gratituty) thats only 16 bucks.

frozen drinks are 4.95 plus grat. and drinks of the day are 7.50 in a sovernier cup. Cosmo and special martins are closer to 8.

If wanting to buy a coupon-- buy a funship dollar for 25.00 and use it for ANYthing at all on the ship. 1-800-906-7603

you can have a funship dollar mailed to you or place the money onto your cabin credit.

No, the new coupons are 4 for 19.95 and they are GOOD FOR DRINKS UP TO 4.95. A friend JUST got back 2 weeks ago, and I also called Carnival 3 times to confirm, the last time I spoke to a Manager. That includes your 15% tip, so they are well worth the money.

Goin Cruising

You mentioned pre paying on your sign and sail. Are you saying you can send money prior to boarding or just paying up front the day you board? Sorry for the dumb question. :o

Or you can buy them online- Just put your booking number in the first line in the address field and they(funship dollars) will be applied right to your S&S account instead of being mailed to you- some people(like myself) prefer to pay some in advance periodically instead of paying it all at once

• 1 month later...
Hello!

We will soon be off on a Carnival cruise and I was wondering what people thought about the drink coupons they offer. Is it worth it? I haven't found many comments on the forums about them and people seem to be divided as to their usefulness in the little information that I do find.

So what do you all think? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thanks!

:)

I agree with most that they are not worth it.

I found out after I got back that I could have saved them. That was the first time I bought drink coupons and I didn't want to lose them.

The first cruise I went on was a real party ship, and I spent too much on drinks. The second cruise I purchased drink coupons so I wouldn't put so much on my S&S. That cruise was an Alaska cruise and a very non party ship.

I think the ships destination makes a lot of difference on my level of consuption.

Used them on cruises before, more hassle than they are worth. I would prefer just prepaying my account... I just call, put money on my S&S, and be done with it... no more hassling with the coupons. They offer a slight savings, but I never remembered to take them with me... or left them at home and had to use them on the next cruise. Just not worth it to me... I like taking my S&S card and that's it :D

How do you put $$ on your S&S card? We called to ask, and they told us the only way was to buy gift certs and apply them to the S&S at boarding. Please tell!!

Think I saw the answer, needed to read ahead! Thanks!

How do you put $$ on your S&S card? We called to ask, and they told us the only way was to buy gift certs and apply them to the S&S at boarding. Please tell!!

Think I saw the answer, needed to read ahead! Thanks!

the number to call is different then calling carnival or the gifts department. THe number is at work but I think someone elese here may have it. 1-800-9 something else.

You just call and ask for it to be placed onto your account.

Keep the confirmation Number handy in case its not applied.

I purchased them once and that was enough. I couldn't remember to carry them around. And, the type of drink that it covered varied from server to server. One server would cover the cost of my glass of wine completely and the next server would claim the coupon didn't have enough value and would charge my S&S for the 'upgrade' claiming I was drinking 'premium' wine. :rolleyes: I came home with over half the coupons still in hand. A few months later a co-worker was going on a CCL cruise so I passed them along to her as a Bon Voyage.

Enjoy the day!

I remembered to carry the coupons only because they were in my camera case which is always with me.

The glasses of wine-- i think there is only two available kinds that can be used with the coupon.. the first waiter lost money by letting you use the coupon.

The

I remembered to carry the coupons only because they were in my camera case which is always with me.

The glasses of wine-- i think there is only two available kinds that can be used with the coupon.. the first waiter lost money by letting you use the coupon.

The best for me on the coupons are the frozen foo foo drinks which we get at the shows. I didnt use them for anything else coz it didnt seem worth it.

Archived