How early can we board?

lonestars

Hello all!

We're first time cruisers... taking our honeymoon on RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas. It's departing from Galveston at 5:00 p.m. The documents they sent to us say that our boarding time is 2:00 p.m. Is this the earliest we can board? Thanks in advance for your help!

They usually start boarding around 11 or 11:30 but it depends on how quickly the previous cruise gets off. I know we arrived at 11:30 in December and basically walked straight onto the ship.

I hear 11-11:30 is standard and you don't have the line to fight with. On our last cruise we got there at 11:30 and we literally walked straight up to the counter! It was great! We'll always go early from now on. Getting there early also gives you a bit to get settled in your room, freshen up, and then roam through the ship before muster! (I hate muster!! BTW!)

We sail Princess and Celebrity and are usually on board around 11:30a.m. depending when the previous passengers have gotten off. Now I have talked to people who said they got on at 2:00 like the cruise company said and they had lines you would not believe.

Marilyn

Archived