Packing for the cruise...hm

ShadoWdrummer

All I have left to pack in my carry on (sunday morning), are makeup, vitamins, meds, and I think we are good to go.

I had to pack for my son, 5 so I started laying out & ironing on Wed. I did some last minute shopping today, and packed the suitcase up. DH finished packing his as well tonight.

Soon we will be Miami bound!!

For my vacation on the Fantasy on May 22nd, I have bought ALL NEW CLOTHES!

I keep them in my closet, untouched, and then a week before I go, I pack them.

I wonder, is it strange to NOT want to wear the clothes until I am on the ship?....:rolleyes:

I either take very old clothes to throw away when traveling or new ones.

I never wear new clothes until the trip....

When I get home I have a new wardrobe and happy memories of the first time I wore things...

I usually start packing or at least thinking about packing almost as soon as I book a trip.

I am packed except for actually putting hangup clothes in my hang-up bag at least a week before a trip..Can't do it any other way..I am compusive..and I love packing...Don't know why??/

The thing is that I didn't start throwing stuff in my suitcase until I actually lost something that I was going to bring...so it was a good idea to just throw all those clothes in my suitcase and if I wanted to wear them, I could take them out, wear them, wash them and then put them back.

I packed the day of for our family vacation (road trip...not a cruise) last summer because I had to (I had just returned the previous day from Europe!) and I hated it. It was better with that because I wasn't too picky about the clothes I was bringing and we've been doing that trip so long that I know what I need to bring, but I still would have preferred to have packed a little earlier.

Like somebody else said, it heightens the excitement. Maybe after I go on 10 or 20 cruises, I'll be able to just throw things in right before I leave, but I doubt it.

I tend to keep the things in the suitcase that are specific to traveling...over the door hanger, laundry bag, power strip. etc. I tend to set aside the things we will actually take a couple of weeks before. But, I start in my mind as soon as we get one booked, lol. And my daughter busted me, when we were out shopping recently, she saw me looking at something, and said if I was only buying it for my cruise (in Oct) then I had to wait till it goes on clearance! Oh well, I just love the thought of traveling, packing is just part of the whole thing.

haha you can really tell most of the women from the men on this board most women pack weeks ahead most guys back day before. haha its just one of those things we dont like to do and wait till the last minute. We just gotta make sure we bring enough underwear thats our only major concern.

I start getting organized two weeks ahead :D , part due to getting excited and don't want to forget anything either....I also have a list and as I put things in the suitcase (the day before so things don't get too wrinkled) I check them off to make sure everything is there....:rolleyes: works for me.....;)

Archived