Carnival Brides - Who actually officiates the ceremony?

jnj0292

For those of you who have already tied the knot onboard a Carnival ship, who performed your ceremony? Do you know who it is in advance or do you just find out when you get to the ship? Just curious..........:rolleyes:

The officiant is from the Wedding Experience and I met her for the first time while we were waiting to board the ship. She went over the whole ceremony with us and asked if we had any special requests while we were sitting, waiting to get on the ship before the wedding.

Thanks, Ladies! After reviewing the packet that I received from Carnival with all of the ceremony options, it seems like you can tailor the ceremony any way you like. I was actually surprised to see options for "prayers" - which led me to question who the officiant was. I think that it is nice that you have the option to make it as religious as you want. Thanks again.

We're having our own officiant- my fiancee's twin sister is an ordained Presbyterian minister. I'm going to ask if we can get a price break for providing our own officiant, since they won't have to pay someone for that day. If anyone else has experience with your own officiant and ceremony, please let me know! We're a bit worried that we'll go over the fifteen minutes allotted for the ceremony but what are they going to do, start playing music like at the Oscars to let us know time's up??

If you are cruising out of Florida and getting married before the ship leaves, the officiant is likely a notary public. I am a notary, and as such can perform marriages. I was married on the Paradise in May 2000, and the the title on the document we were given simply says, "Wedding officiant". I do remember her name was April.

Bonnie

Archived