Tell Me More About Century!!!

Hi ya'll:)

John...she is the best ship :D

I see you typed in the amount of your postings before the change was made....I should have done the same thing :eek: ....mine was about 9225.....

Hi Lois, the old boards are still up, it shows 9,306 for you. So to get the number of posts you lost, just subtract what your current count for this board is. But to make it exactly accurate (as to the number you lost) you have to add back in the number of posts that you have made on these new boards since they started. Probably still relatively small.

Whew, hope that makes sense. For example, you had 9,306, so you subtract your current count: 1,308, which means that you LOST 7,998, but if you made, say 5 posts last night already, you need to add those back in (since you are subtracting the difference) for a total loss of 8,003.

For whatever that may be worth. Too much math, too early in the morning! :)

Theron

hi Theron :D Thanks for your help!...I will leave it as is.....the one question I do have, do you know how I can get the webshots on my signature to have the __________ under it..so people can click on it and get directly to my albums?

Yes,

When you are editing your signature, use the "insert hyperlink" icon. It is the little globe with a chain "link" on it. This prompts you for the text to use (which can be the actual link if you want) and then the URL, or http address for where it is. If you want the text to be the link, just use the whole http address for both. Or you can use regular text like "my photos" for the text. As long as the link part is right it will work fine.

Theron

:) I tried it but some other funky things came up too...

Maybe it will be easier this evening from home.

Theron, thanks for always being kind and giving help to those of us pc challenged people :eek:

Seriously, there was a lot of good information in the old posts. Maybe we should copy it back here and post it as a new thread, then just periodically link back to it.

Notice, I now have my Century site featured in my sig.

The days are flying bye I have 58 more days until we are on the century.

We are staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 one night before and one night after - I heard about the 15th Street Fisheries - and was wondering if any one did that special that they have for $16.95 for the 4 course meal? I know that you have to eat rather early but since we have a 7 am flight that morning I figure we will be a little tired and want to have drinks at the lounge at our hotel so an early dinner is good. We will be having friends join us.

http://www.15streetfisheries.com/specials.html

Do you need ressies for this?

Also we will need a nice place to eat the sat after the cruise for our last night we will be at the Hyatt Pier 66 again that night. Any suggestions - maybe something on the water - or something mexican? We are open to suggestions?

Can't wait to go . We're going 10/30/04 on the Century and if she's as great as everyone is saying, I might not come home(I wish). Glad to see this thread back again because of all the great info. LET'S GO!

Time flies. A week from Saturday I'll be on Century.

It seemed like such a long way away when I booked the cruise.

Suddenly I have a lot to do in the next 8 days.

Lily:) hi, you were asking about restaurants.....Mexican...I would recommend

Carlos and Pepes....they are right on 17th Street and have been there for more than 20 years! I lived in South Fl in the late 80s...they were serving wonderful food back then too!

And they make an awesome Margerita!

I haven't tried 15th Street Fisheries but its always gotten high marks from folks on here.

Have a wonderful time!

And whoever was asking.......this is a continuation of the "BIG CENTURY" thread on the old board;)

-SNIP -

Also we will need a nice place to eat the sat after the cruise for our last night we will be at the Hyatt Pier 66 again that night. Any suggestions - maybe something on the water - or something mexican? We are open to suggestions?

A favourite of ours is the Aruba Cafe, right near the base of the fishing pier. Looks over the water, you can porobably watch the ships sailing away if you're a masochist ;)

Lily:) hi, you were asking about restaurants.....Mexican...I would recommend

Carlos and Pepes....they are right on 17th Street and have been there for more than 20 years! I lived in South Fl in the late 80s...they were serving wonderful food back then too!

And they make an awesome Margerita!

I haven't tried 15th Street Fisheries but its always gotten high marks from folks on here.

Carlos and Pepes sounds great - in NY we could get good mexican but there aren't any good mexican restaurants by us in MI and we won't be too much longer but we try to get some good mexican food when ever we go out of state. Now where is is compared to the Hyatt is it walking distance or do we need to take a taxi or the water taxi?

A favourite of ours is the Aruba Cafe, right near the base of the fishing pier. Looks over the water, you can porobably watch the ships sailing away if you're a masochist

What kind of food do they serve - is there a website I can check out and look at the menu?

Archived