Fantasy Class Category 12 Penthouse Suites/Balconies

nightwind,

You will be suprised how high up you are. It is a lot higher than it looks from the web site. You will not have to worry about anything other than rain. I am not real sure how comfortable he would be sleeping on the plastic deck chair. Have a great cruise :) .

Yeah, I suppose the cabins are higher than they look, but I'll still have to warn him about spray, at least. I was in a balcony cabin on the Upper Deck of the Destiny, and I could occasionally feel spray.

He's thinking about bringing the sleeping bag and the foam pad that he uses when he goes camping, not sleeping on the deck chair. I think we'd have to move the deck chairs, though. And I don't know if we'd be able to bring those things on the plane, anyway. I guess I'll have to check into that, if he really has heart set on doing this. :rolleyes:

I've only been on HAL in their suites (I think they are now called deluxe verandah suites) and on RSSC in their regular suite. These look skinnier than the HAL suites, are they about the same size as the RSSC (Navigator) suites? Any one know?

Also, is the VIP boarding available for the Paradise out of Long Beach?

And while I'm asking questions, has the Paradise been upgraded to the new bedding/sofas?

We are thinking of booking a suite on the sensation, have only had an 11 or ov in the past, can someone tell me what the skippers club is? I know we get priority boarding(like w/the 11) but don't know about this, Thanks!

Priority boarding/Skippers' Club.....same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All-

I ended up booking the suite guarantee and took the chance. I have been calling my TA almost every day (an online company I found through cruise compete) to see if we had gotten a room assignment yet. They kept telling me that Carnival doesn't give room assignments this early-we are sailing on 3/19/07. When I called yesterday and got the same answer, I asked them to check anyway. He came back (a little surprised) and told me we got U112!!!!! I've been on 6 cruises and I've never had a balcony before so I am REALLY excited! I am a little worried that I won't be able to go back to an outside stateroom though. :p

Thanks so much for the info and the help CJW and Mr. P:)

• 2 weeks later...
I saw someone mentioned a room divider one one of the ships...does anyone know if they are included in all penthouse suites on all ships? We will be on Fascination with the kids, hoping its there!

I think they were talking about Fantasy class ships only and they are just a small sheet of glass (plexiglass?), you can see right through it, it's not much of a room divider.

I also have booked U-98 on the Imagination, March 17th. Can anyone tell me if the suites have DVD players in them? or still VRC's? if not DVD's can I bring a small one and connect to the TV without a problem?

thanks

I also have booked U-98 on the Imagination, March 17th. Can anyone tell me if the suites have DVD players in them? or still VRC's? if not DVD's can I bring a small one and connect to the TV without a problem?

thanks

We had a penhouse suite on the Fantasy U97 last June this was our 2nd. time on the Fantasy both times we had the penhouse suite. The penhouse suites are nice and roomy. Balcony are bigger than cat.11 we had a table and 2 chairs.The decor was not that bad the bed had a white comforter. We enjoyed our suites both times and would go back again. As you can tell I loved the Fantasy. It's not one of their bigger ships and it's not one of their smaller ships it's just the right size. Oh, yes there are no blow dryer in the bathroom.

thanks

We'll be on the Imagination in June and we'll be in suite U97. Let me know how your cruise goes in March. I have read good and bad about the Imagination but I'm keeping a open mind and can'nt wait until June. Enjoy your cruise

We'll be on the Imagination in June suiteU97. I have only been on three cruise with Carnival and stay in the penhouse suite each time. What I can remember there are no DVD player in the suites. Please let me know how your cruise goes in March. Have a safe and happy cruise!

ronkay,

There are vcr`s not dvd`s in the Fantasy class suites I have sailed on. I have sailed on the Elation, Fantasy and Fascination of the Fantasy class all cat.12 except for one cat.11 which I would not recommend. Next week I am on the Sensation which I have been told after the refit now has flat screen tv`s and no vcr or dvd.

We forgot a hairdryer once and asked the cabin steward if they had one and in a few minutes we had one. :)

I spoke to my PVP today and asked him whether or not the cat 12 on the imagiantion would have a DVD or VCR, he advised that from what we could find out, it had neither at this point.

he advised they had the new interactive TV with no DVD or VCR. he said you would be able to plug one in.

43 days to go I will let you know.

I was in a cat 12 suite for my last two Sensation cruises and if you birng a portable dvd player it is very easy to plug into the flat screen tv

Has anyone been in a category 12 on the Fantasy recently? Do you know if they have the new flat panel televisions? TIA.

Has anyone been in a category 12 on the Fantasy recently? Do you know if they have the new flat panel televisions? TIA.

We sailed on the Fantasy last December in a cat. 12, U97, suite.....no flat screen; but I thought I saw a post on here somewhere that said someone had one in their suite on the Fantasy???

• 2 months later...

We have decided to forgo our cruise on the Glory 3/29/08 and instead book a suite on the Inspiration. This is based on a cost factor, as well as the fact that the Inspiration will be dry docked in the fall and should be renovated and like new on April 7, 2008, the alternative date chosen. We cruised on the Inspiration last May (2006) and had such a good time. My sister and I are all about the ship and the balcony; ports are of little significance. The only time each of us really sits still is when we are away from home, and cruising is our first choice. Also, I live within an hours' drive of Tampa, so a hotel the night before is eliminated.

I have signed up for the Evolutions of Fun updates, have seen the pictures at the beginning of this thread for the updated suite on the Ecstasy, but was wondering if anyone had any other Penthouse updated pictures to share.

Thanks for reading.

I, too, have been following this thread with interest mainly in pictures of the cat 12 suite on the Elation. We will be in U90 on her next July which is so far away. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
We leave on the Elation in 8 days for the repositioning cruise. :D We are in Penthouse Suite U107. I will post updated pictures when I return (after May 28th).

Cayce

We had a great repositioning cruise on the Elation. As promised, here is the link to the pictures from room U107, category 12 penthouse suite.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vacpics/sets/72157600278860819/

Cayce

Archived