has anyone had their reception in the Schooner bar on RCL?

We'd like to have music during the reception and I believe the only piano on ship is in the Schooner Bar.. Its a little rustic but nice.. Has anyone had their reception here or chosen the piano option as entertainment? If so, please tell me how it was :-)

Navogator of the Seas Wedding Cruise 3/10/07

I'm not even sure if you will get to choose. You might get a list of options though (especially if you tell them you REALLY want access to a piano). When we booked ours (through royal romance) she just told us our reception would be in the 7 hearts lounge (on adventure of the seas). We didnt have any real preference so we didnt ask if there were alternatives. The lounge was pretty small and aside from the windows, there was nothing special about it but to be honest, it was the windows that MADE the room. We had a beautiful view of St Thomas and since that was "officially" where we were married, it felt appropriate that it was part of the backdrop of the reception.

Here's a pic of my sister and her husband (who also got married on AoS the same day as I did) at the reception doing their champagne toast. You can see St Thomas in the background.

anniejaylaughin.jpg

So if you do get a choice, you might want to choose one of the upper decks in a room with a view for your party. But if its important that you have a room with a piano then the schooner bar might be the only option. I loved the schooner bar on the AoS but I dont know how much privacy we would've had there. Plus if its open during the day you might have to share it with passengers popping in for a drink.

I'm not even sure if you will get to choose. You might get a list of options though (especially if you tell them you REALLY want access to a piano). When we booked ours (through royal romance) she just told us our reception would be in the 7 hearts lounge (on adventure of the seas). We didnt have any real preference so we didnt ask if there were alternatives. The lounge was pretty small and aside from the windows, there was nothing special about it but to be honest, it was the windows that MADE the room. We had a beautiful view of St Thomas and since that was "officially" where we were married, it felt appropriate that it was part of the backdrop of the reception.

Here's a pic of my sister and her husband (who also got married on AoS the same day as I did) at the reception doing their champagne toast. You can see St Thomas in the background.

anniejaylaughin.jpg

So if you do get a choice, you might want to choose one of the upper decks in a room with a view for your party. But if its important that you have a room with a piano then the schooner bar might be the only option. I loved the schooner bar on the AoS but I dont know how much privacy we would've had there. Plus if its open during the day you might have to share it with passengers popping in for a drink.

I talked to the coordinator at lunch and apparently RC just changed a rule saying they don't let someone play the piano they have someone come on with a keyboard..so we're thinking about that... Coordinator asked where I wanted the reception and I chose the Viking Crown (14 or 15th deck I think) as my 1st choice and Cosmo Club (part of Viking )as 2nd...turns out since Schooner is semi-private they don't do weddings there.

oh, so you get to chose where you want to have your reception?

does anyone know about the options on the sovereign of the seas, as far as what lounges etc are nice? or how can I find out?

I booked wedding next april, and considering a reception.

thanks in advance!

Archived