1st time to the Panama Canal/Mexican Riviera

imdelightful2

Hi, My husband and I are cruising LA to Miami via the canal. I'm looking for feedback on the shore excursions - the good and the bad. Any comments on the cliff divers?

We're sailing Oct 1 and can't wait, I wanna pack now!!!!!!!!

We did the Canal transit in April, ending in Acapulco. We did an excursion that included dinner at Mezzanotte and the last cliff diver show of the evening, which included the divers with torches. We were slightly disappointed in the cliff divers - it is definitely a tourist thing - I think there were maybe four dives in all. Dinner was excellent. We spoke to some people the next day who paid half of what we did - they did some shopping, drove around the Acapulco Princess area, had an early dinner, and saw the earlier cliff diver show and paid half of what we did. Both excursions were booked through Princess. Have to say that Acapulco was our least favorite port, but you will love the Canal!!!

Sue

Agree re Acapulco.. see cliff divers during the day and it was also our least favorite port. Rain forest hike and rafting in Costa Rica are wonderful if you like that sort of thing. In Cabo (do you go there?) depending on when try whale watching with a local tour op. The Canal is the highlight of this cruise, at least it was for us.. ports really didn't matter

We will be going through the canal in April. FLL to S.F. Really excited first time through the Canal. I was also wondering about tours and things to do at ports. I have been to Acapulco several years ago it was also my least favorite. We will be on the Coral Princess April 27th. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Delores

:)

Have seen the cliff divers a couple of times in Acapulco - must do in the day time - they at least 10 dives.

Ships don't dock near town - have to take a taxi - this can be expensive. There are some toursit shops once you get off the ship and turn left.

:)

Archived