Princess Discount Site

cruzfiend

Does anyone know if Princess has a site where they discount or have special promos on cruises like RCCL has? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it on the search - this web site is really hard to read right now.:(

Princess discontinued that area when they revamped their website.. Now they email specials to a targeted audience..

Why do you think Princess would do this?

The other method targets a much larger readership.

Princess discontinued that area when they revamped their website.. Now they email specials to a targeted audience.. [/quote

I just received one of these "targeted" e=mails yesterday for an

Alaskan cruise which reflected a very good price, but after contacting

my internet TA, she came in with an even better price. I'd assumed Princess

sent out these e-mail specials to everyone who had cruised with them

previously before and had given their e-mail address

I would contact a TA who books a lot with Princess and ask them about recent "FLASH specials/prices". These often can't be advertised on websites but if you contact a TA - they can tell you about them.

I wish I knew where all you guys were getting these great prices from. The last cruise I booked I checked four different TA sources, one including Princess, an on-line TA, a cruise TA and another well known agency that I don't think I am allowed to mention. All prices were almost identical to the penny. I would love to know what I am missing. I also priced out Carnival, same agencies and again, prices were almost exactly the same. Right now I am working with a Princess Customer Service Rep on a Crown 2007 Summer cruise and am happy with the price she gave me. She also gave me $150 on board credit which I was thrilled with. The price is very close to the 2006 price for the same cruise. Of course, I don't have much to compare it too since none of the 2007 prices are up on websites yet and I haven't really haven't had the time to pick up the phone. But unless I get something drastically lower, I think I will just stay with Princess. So far I am thrilled with the service I am getting and the rapport I have the rep. She also seems to think that the price will go down since we booked so early. I guess we will just have to wait and see, but I really feel like I am missing something somewhere. Unless you are not that choosy about what cabin you get. I knew the exact cabin and date I wanted which is why I went directly to the source to begin with. I don't get to cruise much so when I do I am really picky about that cabin. I guess only time will tell how this one works out.

She also gave me $150 on board credit which I was thrilled with.

How did you manage to get the OBC? Was it a special they are having on that cruise? Do you know how you qualified?

The way you get lower rates is to periodically ask for quotes from TA's and to keep your eye on the prices on the Princess site. Princess will give you the new price, but you have to ask. It is not automatic.

According to what my Princess rep is telling me, I do not have to keep checking for lower rates. She said that this is part of her job and that if I happen to see something lower to let her know, but we will both be checking on rates. I certainly do not believe that she will be sitting by her computer just checking on my reservation, but I know that I will keep on top of it. The travel agent I had did not do this either. It was up to me to keep on top of the rates. Which was fine. The OBC was issued because I questioned why my friend who sailed with me previously had an OBC for 75 and I had nothing. She explained that sometimes there were randomly chosen people that received those offers and offered to check with her customer service to see what she would come up with. She not only came back with 150 for me, but some kind of a coupon book for my friend. So far, I am really impressed with her. If she doesn't pick up her phone she always gets back to me very promptly. It will just be one of those things that we will see what happens. So far, so good.

Chopper825 ~ I had booked directly with Princess for our cruise in Oct 06. I picked our cabin number and put up my deposit and had qualified for a $200 shipboard credit through a promo I had gotten from Princess (We have sailed on Princess only 1 other time). But I kept checking the price and it stayed the same. Then I was referred to an online TA from someone on this board. I gave her a call and she wound up saving me about another $100 and got me another $50 shipboard credit plus a coupon booklet. She said the reason she can get me a better deal is because she already had serveral group bookings for my sailing that she could put me with. We were able to just transfer over the booking to her and I kept my same cabin and all. My deposit was made directly to Princess about 4 months ago, but the final payment will be to her.

I must admit I was a little skeptical about doing this, since I have always booked directly before. But before I booked with her, I called Princess and asked if they had any information on her and they did say she books a lot of cruises with Princess and have had no complaints with her. So I felt a little better about it.

Hope this helps!

Archived