Catching shuttle bus in Denali State Park??

skitty

How do you catch the shuttle bus if you are staying at the Denali Princess wilderness lodge? How do you get back to the lodge?:confused:

I've answered this a lot in the past several days. :)

The problem with the Princess shuttle buses into the park is they do not operate early or late enough for most of the Park shuttle buses into the park. You pick up the park shuttle buses at the transportation center- less than 2 miles from the lodge. I've seen some walkers. Or as I have already suggestion, you could consider befriending someone on the bus for a ride back?

Last year when I was there- Princess was NOT shuttling to the transportation center, only the visitor center, which is two different areas less than a mile apart, but a walk with everything you would be taking with you on a Park shuttle bus- cameras, binoculars, food and drink.

If you want to be sneaky, the Denali Grand Hotel runs a shuttle that starts at 6 am and stops at the princess lodge on it's way to the visitor's center. They don't check for room keys or anything. Their last shuttle went at 10:30 pm last summer.

Archived