Transition Cruise To Alaska

RBOUR

We are thinking of doing a transition cruise to Alaska has anyone got advice for us we want to take another group.We just got back from Mexico on the Vision.WONDERFUL TIME!

Anyway we have alot of older people going with us and it would mean flying only once.We would leave SanPedro in Los Amgeles sail to San Francisco spend 1day then sail to Seattle 1day there then to Vancouver do inland passage them fly everyone home. Please any one that has done this you thoughts appriciated.........

Unless you are planning to do this in 2007, you'd better hurry, the ship sails on May 7th, which is a week from this Sunday. Reservations are cut off 72 hours in advance to get the roster to the Coast Guard, so you have until next Wednesday to get your group together.

Of course, if you are sailing in 2007, you have all the time in the world! It sounds like a lovely itinerary and I wish we could take the time to do it.

We're doing a repo cruise next week, not on Vision, but on NCL Star, the itinerary works better for us because we still both work. I only have to take 3 days off, my husband only 2. We'll spend an extra day in Vancouver because we love that town!

Happy planning!

:) :) Yes it is for 2007 lol........And we booked on Radiance RCC and the ship looks wonderful took a GREAT suite nice balcony.Just wish I knew which side docks at the ports so I could know which side to take my stateroom anyone know.It will be the 14th of Sept fly to Vancover end in LA hate to wish time away but wish it were soon......Happy sailing !

I think you set your itinerary backwards in your first post, or you're going twice, can't quite tell. We're on the 9/14/2007 Vancouver-LA via Alaska cruise - come join our Roll Call!

We were on Radiance in 2004. As I recall, we docked with the port side facing land in all three ports (Ketchikan, Juneau & Skagway). Of course, we're tendering in Sitka, so the ship will likely rotate on its anchor. But I don't know how they decide which way to dock, so I don't know if it will be the same. No idea where we face in the US cities.

I would (and did!) go for a portside cabin because we'll have a lot of days heading southbound and there will be lovely, if distant, views of the Pacific Coast. The views of the Inside Passage are gorgeous on either side of the ship.

Hey there someone else going when we are Sept14,07.Yes my post was confusing.We had just got back from Mexico on Vision.We also booked port side after I called to find out which side she would dock.We got a very nice state room Deck 10 on the hump.Cant wait a group of us going.We will fly out of Ontario how about you?This will be our first 14 day cruise........

I did a repo cruise on the Mercury a few years back, in May from San Diego,inside passage then Vancouver. It was wonderfull. Lots of older folks onboard. Very few kids.

Archived