What does your screen name mean?

spendalot

I first discovered the CC boards just before taking our 5th princess cruise. We were on our way to the Caribbean with our then 13 year old who loves to be in the water. We started referring to her as the "waterbug" and it seemed like an appropriate screen name. We are going on our first HAL cruise in October to Europe, but Ms. Waterbug will be in school and will not be joining us for this one. We will have to make it up to her - maybe a Mexico cruise on one of her school breaks. We would all enjoy that.

Go Eagles!!!!

Football season is only 5 months away!

Now that Boston College is in the ACC, being a "Dixie Eagle" you will have more chances to see the sports team in your neighborhood.

Hey there! We plan to head over to Tallahassee for the BC/FL. State game this year. I'm excited about the quarterback but worried about losing Kiwanuka, Trueblood, etc. I am so ready for BC to finally really win the big one - not just have a good season, punctuated by occasional truly stupid, inexplicable games (B.C.-Syracuse '04, to name just one!) You surely know what I mean. :)

Happy cruising!

Marie

John calls me Sunshine. That name all by itself was taken so I needed a number. We were married in 1991.

I have a standard userid that incorporates my name that I use for most log-ins, but wanted to remain anonymous here on the message boards when I signed-up last year. My screen name here was all John's idea. :)

Bard=NOT Bard College, the OTHER Bard, THE Bard™, you know, Big Bad Bill. (I do. I have half the canon on my resumé. I also direct. And write... but Bill is waaaaaaaaaay better.)

Gal=self explanatory.

Questions?

My screen name, "Marialivia" is a sort of homage to James Joyce, who referred to the River Liffey, which flows through Dublin, as "Anna Livia." (My real first name is the mundane but serviceable "Mary.") Incidentally, there is a sculpture in Dublin titled "Anna Livia" but which is fondly referred to as "the Floozie in the Jacuzzi." (Nothing germane to my screen name but interesting nonetheless!)

SAC DR refers to my sixteen years as a Surgeon/Flight Surgeon in Stategic Air Command. Great years with great people. It was on my auto license plates and still is.

SAC DR refers to my sixteen years as a Surgeon/Flight Surgeon in Stategic Air Command. Great years with great people. It was on my auto license plates and still is.

AH! I must confess that is not where my mind first went.... ;) The first was hilarious and I thought you showed grande cajoñes (pun intended) having such a title. :D

I am a police officer and when I was a rookie I had a knack for catching and arresting DWI's. I am also a Volunteer Firefighter and as such a little buffy (meaning very involved in it). The other cops around me knicknamed me Buffy the DWI Slayer after the vampire slayer movie. The number is my badge number at work.

I first thought of using Barnacle Bill the Sailor, or is it barnical, or is it barnicle???? I have always been terrible at spelling. And since I was too lazy to look it up in my Funk & Wagnalls, I settled for sailorbill. Wikipedia wasn't available at the time.

I first became a sailor for my uncle, Sam that is. In 1965 upon graduating from college I was prime grade A draft bait, and I decided that I would prefer to sleep in a warm bed and eat three regulars a day rather than get C-rations in a wet steaming foxhole. So I signed up to become a 120 day wonder for the Navy. After 4 months in Newport, RI learning how to do the 8 count manual marching arms and how to properly wear spats, I was duly declared an ossifer and a gentleman by President Lyndon Baines Johnson (a recommendation I have always viewed with amusement). For two years I served on an aircraft carrier that made two cruises to the Mediterranean and I quickly found that I loved sailing on and watching the ocean. I was the junior officer of the watch at sea and since that position got to do all the fun things on the bridge, I refused to work my way any higher. I also loved going to foreign ports even when I could get ashore only one day at a time. Since leaving the Navy I have always lived along coastal California either seeing the ocean every day or within easy access. I started paying to ride ships in the new century and do it as often as my bankers will let me.

Oh, yeah! The bill part comes from my name which comes from my grandpa William.

It's a concept that might be strange to some but my DH and I actually grow oysters. We live on a coastal waterway and grow the oysters in "floats". They are then collected and taken by boat to be added to a growing man-made reef. Oysters filter gallons of water each day which helps clean up the water in the bays and ocean. When I joined CC and needed a screen name the idea of using oystergrower came to mind. Big reason was that I didn't have to put a number in front of or behind it as was the case with some of the first names that came to mind. It's been interesting reading the origin of the screen names - lot's of creative ideas.

Archived