What does your screen name mean?

spendalot

Good one.....

Since you gave it your best, it is a character Donald Sutherland played in Kelly's Hero's. Clint Eastwood along with a lot of other stars were in the movie. Odd Ball was somewhat of a crazy nut job and drove a tank.

• 2 weeks later...
Good one.....

Since you gave it your best, it is a character Donald Sutherland played in Kelly's Hero's. Clint Eastwood along with a lot of other stars were in the movie. Odd Ball was somewhat of a crazy nut job and drove a tank.

FYI: he was the tank commander not the driver, but what a strange crew he had, and the name Oddball was just right for him. good movie

Virgil

What I find interesting is the fact that there were only 135 replies but 2,489 people who viewed them.

Don't misunderstand the math, kaleighsgram. The 2489 represents separate views of the thread, but not different people. The same person can view many, many times before a thread drops out of sight.

Every time there's a new entry the thread rises to the top of the screen. So every time it does the same person goes in---again---to read the new reply.

When I was growing up, the "preacher's kid" was an unwanted moniker - and hence the source of much rebellion - and heartbreak for my parents. Now that I'm older, and my dad has gone to that great pulpit in the sky, I choose to honor him by proudly being the Preacher's Kid. My younger sister is still trying to figure out how to be Preacher's Kid 2.

Happy sailing,

Karenlynne

My name came from one of my professors when I was in school. He was a wonderful man from Taiwan, a professor of geography. As a geography major, I took quite a few classes with him. He had a unique way of pronouncing "geographer"

It's sort of a tribute to him, and to my two degrees in geography.

I watched on the sidelines as DH and 3 kids enjoyed the technology of computers. Finally Mom was ready to jump in. My screen name is my reminder to dare to dream. Life has so much to offer and I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. I still don't know everything about all this computer stuff but I am trying.

When one door closes another opens. I was layed off from a dead end job after 12 years but received funding to go back to college. After raising a family for 26 years it is now Mom Time. I have completed one year of a two year program in accounting and am loving it.

I could never justify the money for a cruise with kids to take care of. They grew up and moved out and I got an unexpected inheritance from Grandma. Last summer DH and I enjoyed our 25th anniversary on the Veendam in Alaska.

May you also dare to dream and enjoy this journey called life.

Brenda

I have very blue eyes, they are so blue that when I got one contact lens so I do not have to find my reading glasses, I could not even get any tint in it. My Dr. says they are the bluest eyes he has ever seen....hence my name...Blue Eyes

A great thread....always interesting to see what people were thinking when they signed on for the 1st time

boomer = my nickname from high school, followed me all my life

SexyK = the love of my life and she hates the name, but hasn't figured out how to change it!!!:D

I am a very proud Mum of 3 wonderfully, precious children...and around our house...

Mums the Word!:p

*Mum, where's my socks?*

*Mum, what's for supper?*

*Mum, Can we go with you on your next cruise?*:o

*Mum, do I have to go to bed now?*

Archived