OSJ Restaurant

vacationhappy

Hi -

I am looking for an authentic restaurant in OSJ where I can bring an 11 and 13 year old. We are not interested in the "same old thing" - we want to eat authentic Puerto Rican food. The children are well traveled and have eaten in both dives and fine dining establishments. I was considering Dragonfly but their web site mentions they pefer to maintain an adult atmosphere...any ideas?

When we were in San Juan in March, we tried the Cafe de Puerto Rico at the recommendation of the bellhops at our hotel. Great food. We tried several dishes (we went back after our cruise as well) and they were all amazing. Pricing for entrees ranged from $10 to $20 and they were HUGE! Saw families in there both times we were there.

I can't remember the street names but coming from the Sheraton OSJ, you went up a flight of stairs next to Senor Frogs. When you got to the top of the stairs, cross the street and walk to the right, like you are going towards San Cristobal. You pass a Starbucks on the left and then about a block past that is the Cafe on the left. It has a few tables out front. It is across from a beautiful little square and in sight of San Cristobal.

La Malorquina has been a restaurant in OSJ since 1848. I believe it's on San Justo and we have eaten there a few times. We will be in SJ in 2 weeks and plan on eating dinner there as we're docked until 2200.

Their Asapao is excellent and the flans are great.

Archived