World Cup Games on Mariner?

Does anyone know if the Mariner will be showing any of the World Cup games, especially England? We are on the June 4th - 11th cruise and my husband is VERY, VERY worried that he is going to miss a game. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the Mariner will be showing any of the World Cup games, especially England? We are on the June 4th - 11th cruise and my husband is VERY, VERY worried that he is going to miss a game. Any help would be appreciated.

They did on Disney 4 years ago. My first RCI cruise is in 2 weeks, so I am still sort of a newbie!

Disney's sports programming at sea is far superior to RCI's, so I would not use that as a benchmark. As someone else mentioned, Mariner should have either ESPN or ESPN Deportes. The latter is your best shot at seeing soccer, b/c they heavily televise it. So you are dependent upon 1) ESPN Deportes picking up you game and 2) RCI carrying it. Unfortunately, Mariner doesn't have the Sports Bar in the Promenade, but like another poster said, you can check the 19th Hole on Deck 14 in the Viking Crown Lounge.

our cruise on Mariner (Aug 22, 2004) was right in the middle of the summer olymipcs, and every public television was broadcasting them, though it was on the BBC. Which I suppose is even better because they are more into soccer accross the pond. So yes, I think your husband will be safe.

Archived