Sovereign Dining Questions

We are taking our first RCCL cruise for 3 nights on Sovereign in Nov and have a couple of questions about dining. I have been reading trip reports and other posts but still am wondering:

- For the 2 non-formal nights can my husband just wear a shirt/tie/dress pants or is a coat more common. He owns a tux for formal night.

- Is there a site somewhere that describes the "typical" offering in the main dining room at night? I have read a fair amount about what Windjammer servers but almost nothing about the meals in the main dining room. I know there is no lobster on the shorter cruises.

Thanks in advance for any information

You are going to find the shorter cruises a little more casual than the seven night and longer cruises. What you mentioned for your husband will be more than fine for the casual nights. Also if he wanted to go a little more casual then a polo golf shirt would be fine too.

From my past experience on Soveriegn, for the casual nights, anything other than shorts, jeans, or T-shirts will be appropriate. Your husband might feel a bit over-dressed in a tie. Most men on our cruise wore an open collar shirt and slacks. Lots of tropical-print shirts with Dockers as well.

The cruiseclues website has some snapshots of menus from the Sovereign, but they are a little hard to read.

Hope that helps!

My DH wore khakis/Dockers and a polo each night - except formal night when he wore a tux.

Here are some pictures of the food we had on the Sovereign:

47b5d925b3127cce92c4d07c54f200000026108AaMmzJk5bNO

DD got the steak. I think it was on the "alternate options" part of the menu. This is not the kids meal, but on the regular menu.

47b5d925b3127cce92c4d07bd5c500000026108AaMmzJk5bNO

I got the prime rib the first night.

47b5d925b3127cce92c4d622d59f00000026108AaMmzJk5bNO

This is the shrimp that they serve on what longer cruises might be considered "lobster night". The waiter removes the shrimp from the shells for you. My mom ordered these so I am not sure how they were.

47b5d925b3127cce92c4d60d548000000026108AaMmzJk5bNO

Here is a steak that I got on I believe the last night. I think this was on the alternate offerings menu. (I ordered steak every night.)

DH ordered what ever the waiter (Jose) recommended each day (appetizer, entree and dessert) and he was in heaven.

Maggie

Wow - thanks for all the information. Maggieworkman - those pictures are already making me hungry. My DD thinks your DD's meal looks wonderful.

I will let DH know that he does not need the suit (we are taking the tux for formal night).

Just returned from 3 day Sovereign sailing on 4/24/06. Wonderful time had by all 4 of us.

Dining room formal night was Sat, the night we were in Nassau till early a.m. There was a large range of dress code present. Guys were in tuxes, suits and ties, but many in nice dress shirts and dockers, some even in polos (not that I would consider that formal)

Women wore capris, to pantsuits, to dresses, cocktail dresses and formal long gowns.

Archived