Carnival Pier

tm3750

Hi, Solita:

Thank you for answering all these docking/tendering questions. I'll be on the Caribbean Princess visiting Cozumel Aug. 3. The only other ship in port that day is the Inspiration, arriving an hour later than we do.

Would you please tell me whether we will tender or dock?

Thanks!

Jayne

Sorry Jayne, the Caribbean Princess is too long to off load on the pier as it is now.

Do you think the Freedom will always dock and get preference?

Today was the first day Freedom called in Cozumel...what a pretty ship. But, it is too long to off load on the pier as it is now. The gangways do not line up on the "good" section. Enjoy!

Solita ... There's 5 boats in Cozumel on July 5th including Disney Magic, RC Enchantment of Seas, Carnival Miracle, Holiday and Facination. Are you sure Miracle gets to dock.

I thought Enchantment would get to dock ... and Miracle would tender to Puerta Maya

Can you double check and confirm ... thx.

I rechecked and you are correct. Enchantment gets it on Wednesdays and then on Saturdays. As things stand now...but ya never know around here! Thanks for catching that slip.

I don't think anyone has asked about this date yet. Which ship will dock at Cozumel on Sept. 19? THANK YOU, Solita, for taking the time to answer all these questions!!!!:D:D

Not a problem...Grandeur has is supposed to have it that day.

For Solita.....one With Cruise Docking Wisdom

Sept 11th On The Glory..whats The Scoop? Tendering Or Docking? Thank

As of now, the Glory always gets it over the Esctasy.

I don't know if anybody's told you, but thanks for all the information you've been providing.

Everyone is most welcome. I am sorry that my answers to your docking versus tendering questions are sometimes tardy but I have been working 12-16 hours everyday and sometimes don´t make it back to the office to check my computer. I will try to answer as quickly as I can.

How cool is this to have someone with first-hand knowledge to answer these questions???? Especially after working 12-16 hours a day. Thanks again, Solita!!:)

tripseeker, you'll have to rely on Solita to answer your docking question, but if you go to http://www.cruisecal.com and enter the date you'll be at port, it will show you which ships are supposed to be there that day. That's one of MANY great tips I've learned from reading these message boards. Thanks to everyone!:)

ok ppl if you are going to be on a RCL boat it will get to dock. It Trumps Carnival since Mexico and Carnival had a hudge fight over who was going to pay to rebuild the peir. I know it sucks since I will be on the Conquest here in a little over a month and one other ship will be docking with us and yep you guessed it, it is a RCL ship. So we will tender and they will dock, oh well that is life for you. I don't see why they don't do what the one person said let one ship unload and then move it so the other one can come in and unload too, and then do the same to relad. It would make life so much easier.Then again that makes to much since doesn't it?

What's a hudgefight?

We will be arriving in Coz on June 16th aboard Carnival Conquest. Can someone tell me how many ships will be there that day and if we will be docking/tendering?:confused:

As of right now, the Conquest will be here with Rhapsody. Also have the Asuka down as coming in but there has been some discussion about changes with them. Conquest tenders into downtown fiscal pier.

How cool is this to have someone with first-hand knowledge to answer these questions???? Especially after working 12-16 hours a day. Thanks again, Solita!!:)

tripseeker, you'll have to rely on Solita to answer your docking question, but if you go to http://www.cruisecal.com and enter the date you'll be at port, it will show you which ships are supposed to be there that day. That's one of MANY great tips I've learned from reading these message boards. Thanks to everyone!:)

You are most welcome! The info I have is subject to change at the cruiseships and pier authoritys whim of course. Today was especially grilling and I should have been sound asleep about 2 hours ago but for some reason am wide awake. I will regret this manana when I have to be on the pier at 6am! UGH.

Wow, Solita, you are amazing to do this!!

We will be in Coz on December 6 of this year (I know, kind of far out) on the Norwegian Majesty from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Any thoughts on tender vs. dock for us?? Thanks!!

Wow, Solita, you are amazing to do this!!

We will be in Coz on December 6 of this year (I know, kind of far out) on the Norwegian Majesty from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Any thoughts on tender vs. dock for us?? Thanks!!

So sorry...that is one packed day and it is still up in the air about who is going to get it. I can tell you that both NCL Maj and Disney are slated to be at Punta Langosta. Hopefully, that pier will be ready and you both can dock!

How about NCL Sun, 11/24/06? Dock or Tender? Thanks so much Solita.

The Sun is supposed to be at Punta Langosta that day. Fingers crossed that the pier will be repaired and you will dock.

Caro, thank you for letting me know! And thank for all the help you give--very much appreciated!

Jayne

The good news is that construction started today at Puerta Maya! It will take a while to get all the debris out or moved but at least it is a beginning.

Solita, could you just post all the docks and which ships will be at each for the next 12 months so everyone can go about their business? JUST KIDDING!! You are going way above and beyond the call. My date is 17 July on the Ecstasy. Looks like the only ship in town that day! Which pier (hopefully) should I have my mail forwarded to? THANKS.

Solita,

First, thank you so much for your most generous help to all of us cruisers. My family will be on the Carnival Glory in Cozumel on July 3. Could you please tell me if we will dock or tender and to which pier.

Thanks, Alice

Hi, I will be on the Holiday on August the 26th, I have looked up the port schedule and see that there will be three ships there that day, the Holiday, the Inspiration and RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas. I know that RCCL's ships get preference; but if 2 ships can dock and the other two are both Carnival's, which one will dock and which one will tender, or will both tender? I know the Holiday is the "baby" of the group...will that end up being a good thing? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the information. I dont believe I have read an answer for Aug 10, I will be on ecstasy and the only other ship is navigator of the seas. Could you please tell which one gets the pier? Hope it is ectsasy. Fingers crossed lol!

Solita, could you just post all the docks and which ships will be at each for the next 12 months so everyone can go about their business? JUST KIDDING!! You are going way above and beyond the call. My date is 17 July on the Ecstasy. Looks like the only ship in town that day! Which pier (hopefully) should I have my mail forwarded to? THANKS.

That might be a time saving effort in the end but for now...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Glory is here also and gets the spot instead of Ecstasy.

Archived