Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruisincarrie

Which guide for a family?

My family (myself, DH, 6 yr. old daughter, 1 1/2 yr. old daughter and my parents) will be in St. Lucia next January. I have emailed Frank, Herod, and Cosol and have heard back from all of them. Cosol was the only one to tell us that we would have a private tour in an air conditioned van. The price for Frank and Cosol was the same, Herod was $25 higher (total). I really think that we would be better on a private tour since we have kids with us. We could adjust the itinerary if they are getting restless. I have heard great things about all three guides. I just want to make sure that if I book Cosol I won't be missing anything. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.

Carrie

Cosol does an amazing job. You won't miss anything with him. If you are worried about missing something, talk to him beforehand and he will make sure you see it.

We toured with Cosol and when we got back to the ship, we talked to other people who had done similar tours. We saw more things for less than they did.

I went ahead and booked us with Cosol for the day. I hope that he likes kids :) Should I be concerned about booking him for January '07 and not having any type of formal confirmation or deposit?

You will love Cosol and his tour. And he loves children--he has two of his own. He does a great job. My husband and I toured with him last month and there were three children on the trip with is (older than your children) but they also enjoyed the trip. I assure you, his tour will be the highlight of your cruise. Remember to take Cosol some apples and enjoy your trip!

I went ahead and booked us with Cosol for the day. I hope that he likes kids :) Should I be concerned about booking him for January '07 and not having any type of formal confirmation or deposit?

When we met up with Cosol in St. Lucia he pointed to my email address on a list he had and asked if it was me. That's all the confirmation you'll need.

It's actually nice that he doesn't require a deposit. That way if you change your mind, get tired (like some of my cruisemates did), kids get cranky, etc and don't want to go, then you aren't out any money.