Personal choice dining?

lysolqn

Just got back from the Golden and I thought I would love the Personal Choice Dining and I hated it. The service definitely suffered. In addition, you have to remember to make reservations each night and if you forget one day, you will be waiting.

And no Baked Alaska Parade. Not sure if it was done in the one dining room that did have Traditional seating, but I was really disappointed not to see it. The last night was uneventful.

We just got back from the Golden also and used Personal Choice and loved it. We never made reservations, just showed up around 6:00-6:15 and got a table for two.

Our service did not lack in any area. We, in fact had excellent service every night except the one night we sat at a table with three other couples. It took too long because one gentleman kept talking instead of eating and of course the waiter kept waiting for everyne to finish before he brought out the next course. Personal Choice is what brought us back to Princess because we used it on the Star last year and love it.

Baked Alaska Parade is still done in traditional dining rooms. It is not really possible in the personal choice rooms because people finish their meal at vastly different times.

Personal choice gives you freedom of time and the possibility of a variety of tablemates to meet; traditonal guarantees you a seat right away when you get there, the same waiters (which you can request in pc too but they are not guaranteed) and companions, the parade, and other dining rooms things like we had a conga line like dance on Italian night right before desert.

I don't see how you could lose, personally....I'm fine as long as I don't have to cook!!! :p

Archived