HAL Alaska 2007 season opening ...

kiwiKeith

At the end of April 2006 they told me by May 15 2006 (a pretty specific date I thought). I have been checking over the last two weeks and nothing. Well May 15 2006 comes and still nothing so I send them another email.

Don't just give me a random date, the 2006 season is now operating, it is less than a year until the 2007 season, you should have things ready by now. Please give me a real date.

I laughed out load at their response

We checked with a supervisor and was told the 2007 Alaska sailing season will not be available to August. We wish we could be more specific. We appreciate your patience, and again apologize for the delay.

Based on the 2007 cruise planner, their RT Vancouver is the itinerary I want to book, I guess that the deposit money will happily sit in my bank account and not theirs.

Unfortunately for me, this cruise will be part of a 6 week family holiday and the rest of the holiday booking needs to fit with the cruise so the whole holiday booking process is waiting for HAL.

Irritating, isn't it! I already booked with Royal Caribbean for 2007, but may switch to Princess when the Cruise Critic group cruise info becomes available. I still want to see HAL's official offerings, because I like several of their itineraries on the Cruise Planner -although I know of several errors on it.

Nancy, you might be interested to know that I just found two HAL Alaska 2007 cruises on tr????ocity dot com, RT Vanvoucer Zaandam and Zuirderdam! Funny that an online agency has them but HAL does even know when they will release them :)

Nancy, you might be interested to know that I just found two HAL Alaska 2007 cruises on tr????ocity dot com, RT Vanvoucer Zaandam and Zuirderdam! Funny that an online agency has them but HAL does even know when they will release them :)

Thanks! I am looking for the one-way Volendam - but that's a good start. Travelocity and Expedia also showed Princess cruises before Princess had them online. I see today that Princess finally has their Alaska 2007 cruises online...about time!

*Just checked Travelocity, and Oosterdam, Noordam, and Amsterdam also now listed! They're getting them there!

I received an email from HAL yesterday and it said prices would be out June or July. Obviously its anyone's guess....

Michelle

I think it will be sooner. When I called yesterday, I was told the prices are being loaded now. They did show up for a few days prematurely on Travelocity, so I think they'll be out before the end of May. In the meantime, I put down a deposit on the Pacific Princess!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived