Review of atv tour

purplee

I did the atv tour in Cozumel on June 19. We booked this tour off of the cruies only website. But it looks like it was from wild tour atv. We found this excursion to be fun. Be prepared for some rocky conditions. Some areas were very bumpy. It was very dusty too. Here is the blow by blow review.

We met our party outside of Carlos and Charlies and proceeded to the mall where we picked up some more people. They warned us to use the bathroom as there would be no more bathrooms for the duration of the trip. We took a 20 minute taxi ride to the wild tour place. The driver let us off in front of a bar and said that our guide would be coming soon. Afer 15 minutes the guide came and we went to the ATVs. After a quick lesson we were off. We rode a two seater. There were some people on a oneseater. The trail followed the ocean and the jungle. We rode for about 30 minutes maybe a little longer then we stopped at the beach. I was on the back of the atv and it was a little uncomfortable, but I would not have wanted to drive the atv either. After dusting off they gave us soda and water.

At the beach we grabbed our snorkel gear and got into kayacks and paddled out to the reef--about 200 yards. Then we snorkled for about 20 minutes. This was a little disappointing for us. We wanted to snorkel on our own but, we were supposed to follow the leader so we were with the 16 people and bumping into them at times. After snorkeling its backt to the kayacks for the trip back to the beach. There, they gave us water and a sandwich which hit the spot. There was also soda.

Then, its back on the atv for the ride back. We stopped at a little mayan ruin for abuot 10 minutes. The ride back is easier because you know what to expect.

Back at wild tours they sell pictures and cd of the adventure. Then its back to the little bar to wait for the taxi cab. The drivers were at the bar but were having a snack, I found that they really wanted you to have a snack too! So after 15 minutes we were on our way back to cozumel. The bar does have a bathroom so that was nice.

This was a fun, physical tour. Next time in Cozumel, I would probably prefer to do more snorkeling. Hope this helps!

I booked through cruises only, but the sites listed will work too. I think that the atv had gears on the handle. My husband did the driving, but I know that there was not a stick shift on the atv.

Archived