carnival Air

Pjholt130

We are flying to rome for a Aug 23, 2006 cruise on the Liberty. We have booked with Carnival for air. I have been checking but their rate is still better. We are flying from Phoenix. Does anyone know which airlines they use? My final payment is May 25 so I have to make my decision soon if I don't want their air. I would appreciate any feed back on it.

Thanks

We are flying to rome for a Aug 23, 2006 cruise on the Liberty. We have booked with Carnival for air. I have been checking but their rate is still better. We are flying from Phoenix. Does anyone know which airlines they use? My final payment is May 25 so I have to make my decision soon if I don't want their air. I would appreciate any feed back on it.

Thanks

Your flights may be on ANY airline at ANY time, including charters. Frequently, cruise lines charter a plane off the East Coast and "funnel" all pax to one departure point for the overseas flights.

The worst thing about cruise air-you won't know what airline, what time, or what connections you have until 3-4 weeks before your cruise. And you won't have any seat selection until your flights are ticketed (3-4 week pre). With planes as full as they are this summer, there may not be two seats together at that late date and then you have to ask people to move, if you want to sit together.

If you want to get VERY creative, I can see ways to get you to Rome via LAX for less than $1000.00. Call it an adventure-it will NOT be a direct flight and may or may not involve a train ride, depending on timing. Email if you are interested-greatam@earthlink.net

PHX is NOT a cheap place to fly from. I fly over 100,000 miles per year AND this is the WORST place for airfare. I often jump on a quickie flight to LAX, as I can usually save money, even figuring in the cost of the America West flight to LAX. Sure, it may take a little extra time, but an extra hour or two for significant savings is worth it in my book.

Here is my post on using Carnival cruise air. Don't stress!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=345168

You are flying from the EAST coast. BIG difference flying from Phoenix. There are no easy connections, other than America West/US Air nonstop to NYC. And the nonstop is a VERY expensive flight, except on Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday. I fly to LAX to avoid paying over $800.00 on the nonstop America West flight to JFK. LAX/JFK is about $400.00 on a widebody 767 (not a narrow body 757 or 737) and PHX/LAX is about $100.00. So I save about $300.00 flying 2 extra hours and wasting 3 hours time.

The only other flight I know out of PHX with hardly any connections is the British Airways flight. Leaves about 7:00PM, arrives London 6:00AM. Then transfer to a flight to Rome. The BA flight in pretty darn pricey.

pjholt,

We are flying (through Carnival) in 11 days from Columbia, SC for a May 31 sailing on the Liberty. We received our documents about 35 days before the cruise. We are going through Philadelphia, to Rome on US Airways. Our return flight is on Delta through Cincinnati to home.

On the Philadelphia to Rome flight we (2) are a few seats apart, and hope we can exchange once on board. Delta was no trouble sitting together.

Once you get your flight information, call the airlines immediately to get the best available seats. You can check to see how comfortable your seats are by going to www.seatguru.com and find your airline and type of aircraft. Good luck

Bobby

Thanks for all the information. We are staying with the airfare because I have priced it on our own and it is alot more. Phx is a tough airport to fly out of as far as discounts go. I guess we will take our chances and hope for the best. It seems that from the responses the flights you guys have gotten are not that bad.

Archived