Official Cruise Wedding Picture Thread

Great idea posting pictures...

I am torn!! So many decisions..

Could someone please post approximate prices for an island wedding and a cocktail hour back on the ship??? Are the cakes and things included in the wedding packages cheesy and tacky or pretty decent??

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks so much..:p

What cruiseline are you going on? I have some info for Princess weddings and know that they use TWE for ll the planning of onboard and beach weddings. Where are you planning on having the ceremony?

Actually I am thinking of using the Princess cruise line and having a beach wedding in St. Thomas Maegans Bay Beach. TWE just emailed me..asking questions and things. I was wondering how they are to work with?? What was your experience like??

Thanks so much..

;)

Kadie, Good to hear you had a good experience with your Princess cake. We had quite the opposite. They supplied us with pictures (attached), we picked one (a two tier cake, 16" and 9" stretched with marzapan and decorated with royal icing and fresh flowers and what we got was a duncan hines special with whipped frosting and blue sugar flowers. My heart almost dropped when I saw it but couldn't (wouldn't) let it ruin the moment. So, now we've had to go back to the onboard coordinator (who sold us the cake) and request a refund... we'll have to wait 6-8 weeks to see what happens.

Good news! We heard back from Princess today. They are refunding the full price of the cake PLUS they're giving each of us $100 in future on-board credit. Yeah - a happy resolution. And to whomever said one day we'll look back and laugh at the whole situation, you're right!

• 2 weeks later...

http://home.csumb.edu/c/caluyaamanda/world/Wedding.htm

We paid $600 for our picture pkg. It included a canvas print, the cd with all photos, and 75 8x10 and 5x7's. They originally quoted us over $1200 for all but I had read on these boards that you can bargain them down. We just explained we couldn't afford that much and all we really needed was the cd and I wanted the canvas print. They said they wouldn't give us the cd without purchasing all of them. Do NOT buy your photos the first day. We waited until the second to last day of the cruise and our photographer was getting desperate. He still refused to sell us the cd without buying the whole pkg and I told my husband that was fine, we didn't need the photos, we would just use family and non-professional photos instead. His offer changed drastically at that moment. So wheel and deal. It's worth it!

I rarely post but OMG THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

I was kinda anxious about my wedding on RC Navigator this coming November (Harmony Package w/ some upgrades) but now I'm not as much.

We have 63 non-sailing guests and I'm so happy to glimpse some of the potential bouquets, 2-tier cakes, seating arrangements, wedding/reception venues (I want the chapel BAD but alas, too many people :( ).

We are having an informal hors d'oeuvres reception @ the hotel the night before (Holiday Inn Biscayne in MIA)

Thanks so much!!! If anyone has pix of a Navigator wedding lay in on me. Oh and did I say thank you!!! :D

*mwah*

~ ini

It was a great way to do a wedding and I recommend it to all my friends.

Hi Erin,

Great pics... you know, not a lot of guys could pull off the red suit but Brent did a fine job of it!

I have to ask, who performed your ceremony? Was the judge a family friend?

We also got married in port before the ship left Vancouver... and wouldn't have dreamed of doing it any other way with the water and snow capped mountains in the background.

Looks like everyone had a great time!

~ ps: your nails looked fabulous :D

Hi :wave: ... What wedding package did you purchase? How many guests did you have and what room was your reception in? Did you have a sit down lunch, buffet, or hors d'oeuvres?

This is a nice idea I wish it had been here when I was planning mine!! :)

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/sd4wq3fD

Lori

Hi :wave: ... I have the same questions for you as I had for eringirl79. What wedding package did you purchase? How many guests did you have and what room was your reception in? Did you have a sit down lunch, buffet, or hors d'oeuvres?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How was fantasia weddings?? Did you have a good experience dealing with them??

Well I can tell you we made the best of it and it was wonderful. Would I reccomend?? NO

The planning was very disorganized- she was asking how many guests and if I ordered cake when we arrived at the hotel(45mins prior to ceremony)

She had all that info on our contract.

It was all very rushed- if I hadn't personalized my ceremony with a soloist and a poem read by a friend and brought my own music, I would have been very disappointed.

It was like a wedding factory. We had our reception at the bar there and I think from 10am to 1pm there were about 5 weddings.

We got rushed away from our ceremony site to do cake, again very rushed, then it was pictures here and there- he could have done better, it would have been nice to be posed with my family so you could actually see everyone in the picture.

The photo's were not worth the money.

We tipped the bartender, later to find out the tip was included in our fee- we were never told that, and finding out later, we were missing an entire page from our contract.

All in all, Yes I had a wonderful wedding, and I loved the location.

I would be very cautious however with Debra...plan everything, write down exactly what you want and expect.

Hope this helps...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived