Galaxy Sky Suite question

TerriRN

I'm hoping to book the April 07 TA on Galaxy as soon as it opens. (It didn't open today, but the Dec. 07 TA did! ??) Can anyone tell me if the Sky Suite verandas on the Sky deck (1203-1236) have an overhang? Do they get sun? And as non-smokers would we regret booking a starboard cabin for better sun on the eastbound TA?

And lastly, being on that higher deck, are we really more susceptible to seasickness if the crossing is rough?

Not really a newbie at this, but wondering. Thanks.

Terri

The Sky Suite balconies on the Sky Deck have as overhang from the deck above that cover about 1/4 - 1/3 of the balcony area nearest the sliding door to the cabin. Many of the Sky Suite balconies on the Penthouse Deck are fully covered from above.

As far as smoking is concerned, I assume you aware that there are no non-smoking cabins aboard Galaxy. There is no smoking on the port side of the public areas of the ship (except for some areas which are completely non-smoking).

The Sky Suite balconies on the Sky Deck have as overhang from the deck above that cover about 1/4 - 1/3 of the balcony area nearest the sliding door to the cabin. Many of the Sky Suite balconies on the Penthouse Deck are fully covered from above.

As far as smoking is concerned, I assume you aware that there are no non-smoking cabins aboard Galaxy. There is no smoking on the port side of the public areas of the ship (except for some areas which are completely non-smoking).

I did know about the cabins, but feared a good bit of smoke drifting up from the pool area directly beneath those verandas. It may not be much of a concern, but as I'm an asthmatic, something to think about.

Thanks for the info about the overhang. Sounds do-able.

Terri

You can get smokers on balconies in either port or starboard cabins.

The side of the ship that allows smoking in public areas is the port side. Starboard is for non-smoking (again, this is in the public areas only).

The only area directly beneath the verandahs on sky deck are the windows of the Oasis Cafe. The pool area - which is one deck below - is forward (or midship) of the sky suites.

Sky suite verandahs on deck 12 are 1/3 covered; 2/3 uncovered (approx.)

You are more likely to get a soot build-up on the 1218-1241 verandahs than you would on the 1201-1215 verandahs, because of the placement of the smoke stack. Also, if you're concerned about smokers, the more forward your balcony is (you want to be upwind), the better.

Just my thoughts.

You can get smokers on balconies in either port or starboard cabins.

The side of the ship that allows smoking in public areas is the port side. Starboard is for non-smoking (again, this is in the public areas only).

The only area directly beneath the verandahs on sky deck are the windows of the Oasis Cafe. The pool area - which is one deck below - is forward (or midship) of the sky suites.

Sky suite verandahs on deck 12 are 1/3 covered; 2/3 uncovered (approx.)

You are more likely to get a soot build-up on the 1218-1241 verandahs than you would on the 1201-1215 verandahs, because of the placement of the smoke stack. Also, if you're concerned about smokers, the more forward your balcony is (you want to be upwind), the better.

Just my thoughts.

And good thoughts, they are. Thanks for the input.

I wish they would open this thing up for booking already. The Captain's Club reps are right tired of hearing from me already. <G>

Terri

Archived